Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

my new grill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new grill

I finally finished my grill. My father and myself had talked about making a grill like this for a while just been to busy but I finally found the time.
    the original plan was to make one out of a old oil drum, but no matter what you did to it it would still look like a oil drum, so I bent the sheet up at work and went to town, hope you like it, it was alot of fun to build
    Attached Files

I like it dude that's a smokin grill. Hey how do you post pictures on here?

Comment

****!!! you need to go to a public park and show it off!!!
      WAY TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
      AWSOME JOB!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
        I . Hey how do you post pictures on here?
        it took me a while to figure it out, I had to set me camera to a lower res. as to not make the file to big and then you go to manage attachment when you post a reply or start a thread and upload them there

Sorry I didn't give more info on the grill (it was late) anyway the cooking surface is 6'x4' it's roughly the same dimensions as a oil drum. the bottom tub is made out of 11 ga. and the top cover is 14 ga. The connecting rod handles and the piston stops are all out of a chevy 350 we hade lying around. I built the top intake out of 1/8" alum and the header pipes were off of a street rod. I painted it with 1200 deg header paint so it should last and the pipe bumper in the front is stainless. we had about 30lbs of chicken, 20 burgers, 15 sausages, and a tray of peppers and onions all going at the same time with three of us cooking , it will easily do 150lb pig with no problems

Comment

That is one awesome looking grill. Slide a whole beef quarter on there no problem!

Comment

Sweet!!!

I really like the way you used the rods to support the handles and the rod and piston as a stop for the lid.

Comment

That AWESOME!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.