Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Heartfelt thank you goes to Monte55

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heartfelt thank you goes to Monte55

Some of you may remember several weeks ago I lost both of my cats as they chased a possum out of my trash cans and were hit and killed by the same car as they chased the possum across the street.

After I posted the cross that I made for their grave, Nick (Monte55) went out of his way to make some very nice looking name plaques to add to the cross. I have had them for several weeks now and was finally able to take the time and mount them to the cross yesterday. What an upgrade, really finishes the memorial to the girls with a touch of class they deserve.

Nick, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to help others when in need, I'm really glad to see that in the me first world, there are still some of us that will go the extra mile for others. Thanks Again, Dave

P.S. I would also like to thank all of the forum members who posted replies in the original thread "Bad day at the homestead", your thoughts make it easier to accept their death. Thank you to all.
    Attached Files

That was a nice touch and i know how you feel...Bob

Comment

Renews your faith in people... Sorry for the lose & that was really cool of ya Nick. Rodney

Comment

Very nice work Dave & Nick.

Reading this post brightened my day as Im sure it did many others.

Comment

Nice memorial

Very nice memorial for your pets.

Comment

Monte, that was really cool of you.

Comment

Very nice work guys!

pumkinhead grow up.

Comment

I've had many pets, 99% are dead through various forces of nature. You dig a hole, toss in the corpse, fill the hole, visit a shelter, rescue another. You DO NOT make a fancy grave marker (GRAVE MARKER?!?! GRAVE MARKER?!?! for a cat???? ((O.K. two cats)). Geez o' Pete, my homestead would look like Bunker Hill if I did that.

Headstones, crosses, memorials, etc. come on?
                These were cats, and apparently outdoor cats at that, iff'n they went out and never returned was Dabar going to call in a search and rescue operation?

What makes those two cats anymore worthy than the cow that was killed to provide my steak and egg breakfast?
                Because they didn't end up on a plate?
                Last edited by Admin; 11-13-2008, 08:03 AM.

Comment

If you feel that way......I'd say you owned animals, not "pets".
                  Your posts in the past made me feel that you just couldn't say anything dumber........but you never cease to amaze me.

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                    Very nice work guys!
                    Ditto

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                    pumkinhead grow up.
                    Double Ditto

Frank

Comment

I agree with Monte, you should have more compassion.

Wheelchair

Comment

Are you happy now?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Such a shame, there are people who don't have compassion-maybe they never got any compassion. I'll miss my dog when she is gone. It's just appreciating life. The world needs more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jcirafic View Post
                            Such a shame, there are people who don't have compassion-maybe they never got any compassion. I'll miss my dog when she is gone. It's just appreciating life. The world needs more of it.
                            I had a Chihuahua "Cricket" when I was in High School. My friends hated that little dog because around anyone but my mom, dad and I, she was too high strung and yapping all the time, but with us it was as calm as a house cat. Eventually we had to put the poor thing to sleep as it was too feeble to even walk. I can still recollect how upset we all were to say goodbye to her and to this day I have not had another pet - that was 30 years ago.

Comment

You are the typical model for someone who gets picked on and life isn't going your way lol. Take your misery out on others.....you're just a selfish, unsympathetic excuse for a human. I bet you'd have the same feelings if a family member dies.....some people don't have kids....they have pets...Dave
                              Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                              Are you happy now?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.