No announcement yet.

Steel Target Is Finished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool how far from the border to NY are you ?? looks like it would be great fun shoting, any one know if i would have problems taking rifels acrost state lines ???

great looking targets, i gotta get to work
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

can you post some pics on how you reset the target?
      I read above about pulling a rope to reset it, but have you thought about making one where there is a plate you shoot to reset it.

Comment

video on youtube

On Yuotube do a search for Flrwizler that should bring up my steel target videos.

Frank aka The Weekend Welder

Comment

just watched your videos on youtube... very cool.

leonard
          SyncrowaveŽ 200
          Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
          Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Frank good idea. I watched it on youtube and like it. I am thinking so bare with me. What if you had a spring on the handle instead of the rope. And the last target, when you shot it would trip the spring and pop all of them up. Maybe use a trampling spring. That might be a little easier than pulling the rope each time. It would be an auto reset.

Comment

ace4059
              how would you reset the spring after each reset?? if you pulled the spring taught so it could reset after the last shot, when it reset the targets the spring would need to be re-sprung before it could reset again.

with a 22 i don't think you would have enough force to reset the spring.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

I am guessing that it would be easier to make it where the targets hung down from the top and when you shoot them, they swing up and lock in place. then when you shot the last target, it allows them to drop back down so you can shoot them all again.

The other way would be fairly hard to do once I thought about it, but not impossible.

Comment

i made one with a rabbit on top and a counter wait on the bottom so it would stand back up again on its own when shot with a 22. or spin when shot with a 12 Gage, spin like crazy when shot over and over with a 12 gage. also made a bird in flight for spinning.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

Ar500

I made some steel targets out of 3/8 AR500 over the weekend, just wondering if anyone knows how far away I would need to be with an AR-15, or if the AR500 is hard enough that it can handle being shot at by an AR-15?

Comment

very nice setup I need to make me something like that. I save all my cocke cans to shoot at but they are having a bad affect on my gut.lmao that's for posting this setup maybe now i'll get off me butt and make one.

Comment

Working...
                      X