Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priceless!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priceless!!

Newer Lathe $3200 bucks
    Stolen piece of 2 1/2" Alum for next project $ FREE
    Safety glasses for all $ FROM WORK
    Carbide tool holder $100 bucks + inserts

Having your 4 year old Daughter and 3 year old little sister helping DAD in the shop PRICELESS.........

working on a new little project that I am taking lots of pictures of when I am done i will post the whole project.

Railmen.
    Attached Files

It is great to have kids helping out. One thing I see that I dont like to much long sleeves and long hair . I have seen some pretty bad pictures of accidents where sleeves loose clothing and hair get tangled up in the lathe, just a friendly safety reminder DEAN

Comment

Cute kids brother. I got a 3 year old girl, a 1 and a 1/2 year old girl, and another girl due in january. I love them to death, and they love helpin daddy whenever I got work to do. Now that I have girls, I dont want boys.

Comment

Originally posted by cooliepop View Post
        It is great to have kids helping out. One thing I see that I dont like to much long sleeves and long hair . I have seen some pretty bad pictures of accidents where sleeves loose clothing and hair get tangled up in the lathe, just a friendly safety reminder DEAN

Ya I am a Millwright by Trade and i have some pretty good pictures of lathe accidents too

she was only running the tail stock and i have the power feeds disable well they are around it.

Railmen

Comment

nfinch86-CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by Railmen View Post
          Ya I am a Millwright by Trade and i have some pretty good pictures of lathe accidents too

she was only running the tail stock and i have the power feeds disable well they are around it.

Railmen
          HI;ARE YOU SURE YOUR A " MILLWRIGHT " OR A Collector of Welding Machines ? Just Wondering ? .... Norm :

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
            HI;ARE YOU SURE YOUR A " MILLWRIGHT " OR A Collector of Welding Machines ? Just Wondering ? .... Norm :
            Hey Norm,
            I bet that is the dream of every member on this board....that is, to have that many welders to choose from.
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
              Hey Norm,
              I bet that is the dream of every member on this board....that is, to have that many welders to choose from.
              Nick

Ya but guy if you read part way down it says HAD AND SOLD...

but as of right now i still have a few to play with
              TB302G, INVISION 354MP, 60 SERIES FEEDER,MAXSTAR 200DX,CST 280,MAXSTAR 150S,HF251-1, HYPERTHERM POWERMAX600,1972 SA-200 LINCOLN

That is cause of the good old Ebay and I live right on the boarder between USA and Canada. Easy for me to have shipped to a place right off the boarder and go to pick them up save big time on the brokerage fee's and customs fee's

And do remember every thing has a price, and is for sale

especially the Lincoln SA-200

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                Only welders?

Frank

Comment

nfinch86-CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by Railmen View Post
                  Ya but guy if you read part way down it says HAD AND SOLD...

but as of right now i still have a few to play with
                  TB302G, INVISION 354MP, 60 SERIES FEEDER,MAXSTAR 200DX,CST 280,MAXSTAR 150S,HF251-1, HYPERTHERM POWERMAX600,1972 SA-200 LINCOLN

That is cause of the good old Ebay and I live right on the boarder between USA and Canada. Easy for me to have shipped to a place right off the boarder and go to pick them up save big time on the brokerage fee's and customs fee's

And do remember every thing has a price, and is for sale

especially the Lincoln SA-200
                  YEA I MISSED THE HAD & SOLD PART; But It sure would be nice to get my hands on some of those Beauties!!!.... Norm : PS. As you can see I Own A 1968 LINCOLN Myself... Norm :

Comment

well here is some more pictures of the project that my daughter was drilling for me that day.......
                    Attached Files

Comment

more pictures
                      Attached Files

Comment

some more

some steps i could not get pictures of, because i did some of the machining at work.
                        Attached Files

Comment

HA HA HA MORE PICTURES

well if you have not guessed what it is by now..................

it has about 50 feet of hose on it right now just to see how it works and make sure there is no leaks.

in the one end with the bearing close to the outside there is also a shaft seal there to keep out the dirt and stuff

just have to mount the mounting plate on it and some sort of cap on the other end and its done.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Railmen; 11-22-2008, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Sweet looking project!!!

Comment

I'll be danged, I didn't know you could bore a hole (or 2) off center with a lathe.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.