Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tubing notcher

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubing notcher

Any body got a tubing notcher that they really like?
    I am looking for one and am leaning towards an Eastwood brand but I see less expensive ones on e-bay also.
    Randall

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
    Any body got a tubing notcher that they really like?
    I am looking for one and am leaning towards an Eastwood brand but I see less expensive ones on e-bay also.
    Randall
    I got to go be on that Monster Garage TV show and the notcher they had was the slickest thing ever. Quick to set up super quick to make the cut, would change diameters in the blink of an eye and the quality of the cut was fantastic. If money were no issue this is the kind!!!

See it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bK_...l800_video.htm

TJ

Comment

Oh my!
      I was thinking about the little workbench type with the hole saws,
      but that thing is awesome!
      Randall

Comment

my jd2 notchmaster is wonderful!!

Comment

check out protools.

I have the basic model, but they have some new fancier one also.

www.pro-tools.com

Comment

That's the easy way

I didn't even know there was such a thing- VERY good to know.

Comment

http://www.pro-tools.com/emn510.htm

@ 4 grand, you could buy a mill for that.

Comment

JD2 makes two really nice and reasonably priced models

Comment

Thanks for the recomends guys.
                  I would like to have that mill but I am at hobby level right now.
                  But there is no law that says I can't dream.
                  The price is right on the smaller bench top models and I like the one that screws down to the bench.
                  Some I have looked at are for a vice.
                  Randall

Comment

I have a JD2 TN100 set up on a VS drill press with power down feed. I have used this thing weekly for 4 years and it has been great. I run parts thru it almost daily and all I have ever done is lubed the needle bearings.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have the JD2 notcher and it works great up to 60 degree but after that you have to be creative. I found at a tool auction a old bridgeport mill that needed a motor for $350.00 that takes care of the steeper angles that I come across in some chassis that I build.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by KC1; 10-11-2008, 08:07 PM. Reason: add picture

Comment

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
                        I got to go be on that Monster Garage TV show and the notcher they had was the slickest thing ever. Quick to set up super quick to make the cut, would change diameters in the blink of an eye and the quality of the cut was fantastic. If money were no issue this is the kind!!!
                        TJ
                        You were on the Monster Garage show? what episode?

Comment

A lot of people like the JD2 notcher. I have used it at work and it was good.
                          However I bought the protools notcher for my personal shop and I like it a little better than the JD2. Both are ov good quality, but the protools' angle vise is better made and uses a heavier back plate and a little larger shaft.
                          I say go for the protools one, but either one would fit you just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.