Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Field Work

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta Field Work

Anyone know where a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd yr) apprentice can find some field work in the Edmonton area? I would rather freeze my little buddies off than stay in the shop all winter. Any info would be appreciated.

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

[QUOTE=Keith Welder;161436]Anyone know where a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd yr) apprentice can find some field work in the Edmonton area? I would rather freeze my little buddies off than stay in the shop all winter. Any info would be appreciated.
    APPRENTICE IN WHAT!!!

Comment

Take a wild guess.

Comment

nfinch86- CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
        Take a wild guess.
        APPRENTICE ? I DON'T KNOW MAYBE WELDOR-Pipeweldor, IronWorker!!

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
          APPRENTICE ? I DON'T KNOW MAYBE WELDOR-Pipeweldor, IronWorker!!
          There are no alberta apprentice pipewelders...no such thing exists. I guess you could have thought i was an apprentice ironworker but it's a welding discussion fourm and my name is "keith welder" so yes i am a welder.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Welder View Post
            There are no alberta apprentice pipewelders...no such thing exists. I guess you could have thought i was an apprentice ironworker but it's a welding discussion fourm and my name is "keith welder" so yes i am a welder.

Someone got their feelings hurt.

Give the man a break. He just asked a simple question.

Griff

Comment

hi guys . just reading about keithweldor the apprentice it has no info on him in his profile so norm you are right to ask apprentice for want. but thats my opinion

Comment

you guys are being retarded and acting like spoiled *****e$

Welder Dude in Edmonton,

I am WAY South and cannot help.

Comment

Work in Edmonton

Might be a tough go. Talked to a buddy in Pipefitters union, only 4 dispatch posts at the hall!!!!!! That's 4 post for all trades they hire. There was a few hundred when I was around their last year. Thinking the credit crunch is starting to hit really hard for us as well. Your best bet might be to take any job you can right now so you can continue your apprenticeship. I see a lot of rigs parked or fleeing to other provinces on any hint of work. Might be some hard time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Welder View Post
                    Anyone know where a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd yr) apprentice can find some field work in the Edmonton area? I would rather freeze my little buddies off than stay in the shop all winter. Any info would be appreciated.
                    You can try jobbank.gc.ca, plenty of options there. But for the life of me, why would you want to freeze your "little buddies off"?

Comment

Starting out to be another bad year for the rig welders, KEEP your shop job for as long as your can!

Comment

im pretty sure there is alot of work around edmonton.. fort mac as well... try companies like flint (i got an offer in pincher creek as well as fort mac with them) cannonbe.. phoenix or ledcore... those are a few companies my buddy told me about. im a nothing lol... im just taking my c ticket in bc and i was offered jobs so im sure you should do alright..

Comment

Originally posted by griff01 View Post
                          Someone got their feelings hurt.

Give the man a break. He just asked a simple question.

Griff
                          That same someone would also have had a tough apprenticeship if they were an Ironworker!

Comment

A-holes

What is it that makes some people feel that they are better than others? Welding is a simple trade that 99% of human biengs could do with about 12 months of training. It doesn't take a rocket scientist's brain to weld. Anyone with a 70 IQ or better can weld - and weld RIGHT. Get over yourselves you proud a-holes! You're JUST a weldor!

Comment

Originally posted by jerems View Post
                              Get over yourselves you proud a-holes! You're JUST a weldor!
                              Acutally, you can teach just about anyone to run a bead with a Mig in a few minutes.

That does not make a person a "welder"

BUT.....after years and years of training and testing, and thousands of hours under a hood improving your skills, I do not see why it is negative to develop a sense of Pride in what you do.

Manners, is a whole other topic altogether.

Nice to know that you look down on welders so condescendingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.