No announcement yet.

Beginner help - where to buy/get practice steel/scrap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to any large weld shops and explain who you are and your intentions. Lot of times they get rid of lots of scrap under a foot.
    After awhile, even THEY gotta clean up their shop sometime!!! Lot of scrap on the side of the road before rubbish day. Metal shops have a scrap bin that was mentioned earlier, and I also buy my stuff from the recyle places. I don't know in your area if you can got to the dump and they let you pick up pieces from there or not. Once your friends know that you are looking for junk metal, you might have more than what you want Also, check for places that build boats and trailers, LOTS of scrap there! I guess that goes for anyone who builds things out of metal.....
    good luck, and don't worry 'bout the perfect size coupons!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Go on craigs list and put in an ad looking for free scrap iron. Lot of people probably have stuff that they want to get rid of that might be perfect for you!
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

fun4now,
        outrageous shop! I'm so HAPPY for you!!! I see you're still sleeping in that tent

naa its an old pic, but if i dont get another room built onto the house by winter for the lil one to have a room i may well be in the dog house.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
          naa its an old pic, but if i dont get another room built onto the house by winter for the lil one to have a room i may well be in the dog house.
          be shure to make the addition out of metal with lots of pics . additions to a house arent bad as long as their not the same size of the existing house . we did that and added on 1,500 square feet the addition was mostly our 3 car garage .
          welding...its awsome

Comment

like what was said look on craigs list. it kinda depends on where ur at how much scrap u can get. most of the scrap ive picked up has been angle iron. thats pratically all i learned to weld on. just dont find an old beat up camaro cause its not worth it .
            welding...its awsome

Comment

i live in a trailor so almost any adition is bigger than the house it s atached too.
              i added a room on for my first son when we moved in, now with our 2nd son turned 2 he needs his own room also. so i need to add one for him now.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Working...
              X