Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pipeline rig

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the "flame look" on the reels! It's too bad so many pictures are blurry, it looks like a nice unit.
    Why does he have the second small machine on the deck?

Comment

its for sale,1986 bluestar 2e.650.00.dont know why some are blurry and some arent,ill try to fix that.

Comment

Looks Great and User Friendly Also!!!

Comment

That was the idea,a little time and planing at home pays off big out on the job!

Comment

Sweet setup brother, I can only wish to own something like that right now, but I will someday. I just bought a Nissan Titan, so I plan on buying some sort of cheap trailor, chopping it up, and fix her the way I want. Anyways, really nice setup, enjoy.

Comment

hey man that looks great. i like what you did with the reels. i just bought a tb302 and am getting my truck set up. i had been wondering what to do with my leads for rollers, but you gave me a good idea with that. i have access to a cnc palz. is that a custom built bed i assume?

Comment

The bed is a custom,i bought it 10 years ago at an auction.It had a Texas plate on it from 1994.it had went through a flood and the lower hinges were shot along with alot of other things.The original tailights came off a 1965 mustang.Although i tried to make them work, they were to far gone.

Comment

I like the swing-out reels, but how do you prevent them from swinging out from the wind or a sharp corner? Do you have a latch? "Normal door" position might have been better than "suicide door". Definitly nice rig!

Comment

yes,they do have a locking bolt(friction) and a solid pin to keep them from swinging out to far.i built cages to surround the reels to keep them on the truck and not someone elses.
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/100_1243.jpg
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/100_1242.jpg
                    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...o/100_1240.jpg

Comment

Those cages would be a must have around here. I've even had about 5 lbs of welding rod stolen out of the back of my truck. What's the scrap value on 5 lbs of rod? Is it worth stealing?

Comment

I like the cage idea, looks good and does the trick.

Comment

Nice Truck!

Very nice. Are you using a Cox reel for you oxy/act. setup? If so, do you have problems with it leaking down? I've got one at it has leaked from the day I bought it new. Your bottles don't move around at all? Good job and did you get a chance to see the truck that I built recently? The post is "Build your own service truck". I think it is on the third page.

Comment

Nice set up, I am not the only one crazy enough to lug around a big and a small engine drive.

Comment

nope, the bottles dont move at all,locked down tight.The pipe pro is finally getting a workout,3000 feet of 30 inch.....going under the Missouri river!,cool job!!!!The big service truck looks top notch!!!! looks as if you could handle just about anything with it! Good Work!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.