Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer Tongue Stand

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Tongue Stand

Greetings.

This is my first attempt at this, so please be gentle.

I am very new at TIGing & am constantly attempting to find new ways to learn.

A friend at work asked me if I could build him a stand to elevate the front of his boat trailer.

Of course I agreed. Below is the pic of the completed stand.

I could have MIGed the entire thing & done it a lot quicker. Some of the welds are pretty good, with most being only average (or below). I had a great time doing it, & actually it turned out pretty decent.

He will have to cut the center post to fit, since he didn't tell me how tall to make it.

Jerry in Anchorage
    (PS The rain coming down was just a bit lumpy -- can't use the "S***" word, yet.)
    Attached Files

Is the S word Snow or Sleet?????Nice stand, looks quite useful, Thanks,Paul

Comment

The "S" Word

You just had to ask didn't you?

This was taken only a couple of hours after the pic of the trailer stand.

The leaves aren't even down yet. Those flakes are huge!

Only 7 more months till spring.

Jerry in Anchorage
      Attached Files

Comment

Jerry

Nice stand you made there, I like it. As far as the snow, send all the pics you want, just dont send any of the real thing down this way

Comment

Nice Stand

I like your stand.

I can't quite tell from the pic, what are you running vertically?

Comment

Stand Material

The whole thing was made from leftovers.
            The short piece that the center vertical fits into is a chunk of one inch ID square tube with approx 1/8th walls. It is about 6 inches long.
            The center tube is one inch OD sqaure with 0.080 walls.
            I clamped the short piece in the mill/drill & ran a 3/8 drill repeatedly through it with the spacing (on the inner piece) at one inch on center. I figured that way, every hole would fit, & they did.

My friend at work was thrilled with it.

He is an A&P mechanic for the air charter company that I fly for in Anchorage.

Jerry

Comment

nfinch86-CANADIAN WELDOR :

Originally posted by muskt View Post
              The whole thing was made from leftovers.
              The short piece that the center vertical fits into is a chunk of one inch ID square tube with approx 1/8th walls. It is about 6 inches long.
              The center tube is one inch OD sqaure with 0.080 walls.
              I clamped the short piece in the mill/drill & ran a 3/8 drill repeatedly through it with the spacing (on the inner piece) at one inch on center. I figured that way, every hole would fit, & they did.

My friend at work was thrilled with it.

He is an A&P mechanic for the air charter company that I fly for in Anchorage.

Jerry
              HI JERRY; LEFTOVERS or NOT ;Great Job looks like you know what you are doing; Enjoy!!!.... Norm :

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.