Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

my welding table

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my welding table

hello,
    i saw a bunch of posts where everyone is showing off their welding tables. so here is mine. it is made of 2"x2"x16ga steel tubing. the table top (not shown in my drawing) is simply 1/2" steel plate. basically the frame is 24" x 60" and the top is 36" x 72", so each edge of the top has about 6" of overhang.

the premise of the design of this table was to avoid having the frame of the table interfere with using vise-grip type welding clamps. therefore, the top plate sits about 5" above the frame, so even long-reaching clamps are easily used without interference from the frame. i also didn't want to have any bracing near the bottom of the frame, since that interferes with storing things under the table, so the frame is braced with the short 45* braces shown.

the top is not permanently attached to the frame. in fact, it just sits there free floating. i mean where is it going to go-- it's so heavy, it never moves anyways. i haven't put the frame on rolling casters, but perhaps i should. anywho if you like the design, feel free to modify it and use it however you like-- i'm sure it would be easy to adapt the design to a less massive implementation with smaller tubing, thinner plate, etc.

welcone to the forem.
    nice design, what did you use to draw it ??
    got any pic's of the real table to show off????
    you dont have any sag isues with so few suports to the steel top ?? i supose 1/2" is prity solid stuff.

Comment

it does not sag at all, 1/2" plate is very stiff over a 2-foot span. i should snap a picture of the actual table but at the moment it is quite a mess in the shop. i'll snap one tonight anyways and trust everyone will excuse the mess.

i draw all my non-trivial welding designs in a 3D-modeling package called rhino-3d (http://www.rhino3d.com).

Comment

nice table design. thanks for the link too

Comment

show all the crap on the table Always cool to see what other people have in their shop, or projects their working on

Comment

yea, what he said. ny shop is a disaster so i wont fault you for a mess, im way past the mess stage.

Comment

Unless thats the only reason you got to clean your shop!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.