Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old-School Grinding Wheel Setup

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-School Grinding Wheel Setup

I have been thinking about setting up human-powered, old school grinding wheel like those used around farms to sharpen axe heads, knives and other metal tools without generating too much heat and losing the temper of the tool.

Do any of you know where to find either plans, or parts (especially the stone wheel) for a project like this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tyger

Rather than building one I check estate, farm, or antique sales. I think youll have a hard time finding a stone that size any more. Weve got one on the farm but Im not letting it go. Have you checked ebay?

Comment

Check ebay and search "grinding wheel" then look in "collectibles" under tools. There are a couple that bolt to a bench and crank. I first pictured the kind you sit on and pedal with you feet.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.