spinner target- small second project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spinner target- small second project

I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

Last edited by Johnny; 09-19-2008, 08:35 AM.
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

It looks good, what Caliber bullet are you shooting it with, it doesn't looking like it would take much more than a 22 to penetrate straight through.
    Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.

Comment

Target

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I got a Millermatic 140 as the first welder ever and enjoy being able to fix and make.

The aluminum welding has progressed, a little bit, and there's hope.

Here's a spinner target I made and it works great. The bearings are stainless tubing:

So you used all thread with stainless tubing for the spinning part? Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets? It's way strong!
      Millermatic 210
      Syncrowave 200
      Spectrum 625 X-treme
      Hobart Champion 16 W/
      Miller 8VS Suitcase
      Miller 3035 Spool Gun
      Tons of Tools
      Microwave
      Laptop and Printer
      Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

Johnny, there is no limit as to what you can do. I'd hate to think about not having a welder since I can "fix" stuff that other people just look at and scratch their heads.
        Jim

Comment

Nice Job

I like it.
          sigpic

Miller 140 w A/S
          HF 90 Amp Flux Core
          Dewalt Chop Saw
          Smith O/A Torch
          Ryobi, HF grinders

Harley Electra Glide Classic

Comment

Got busy and ingnored my own posting- shame on me.

Thanks for the replies. Yesterday I shot the spinners at 50 yards regretfully only hitting the bigun 3 out of 5. This was only ever intended for use with "adult air rifles" and a .22lr would probably pop its cork. The small target is 7/8" and the large one is 1-3/8"

As far as this question:
            "Why no stainless for the down lengthes and targets?" I am too cheap to use my very limited stainless stock and the solid steel upright could be beaten into hard/dry clay repeatedly.

Here's my favorite squirlling gun (air rifle) in .22:

After recently adding a 7-shot magazine and bit of bling using muriatic acid to remove blueing.
            Last edited by Johnny; 10-02-2008, 03:16 PM.
            MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

Working...
            X