Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIG Beads Critique

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIG Beads Critique

Ok as much as this may shatter my confidence of being a compitent welder as well as bruise my fragile ego, tell me what ya think. Never gonna get better at something unless somebody shreads up your work once in a while. Let it rip fellas!

Welds with a MM180 75/25 at 20 mild steel .12 wall 2x2 square tube can't remember off the top of my head what the settings were, but they would have been set of the chart with the feed rate towards the lower end.

Thanks in advance for the critique's
    Last edited by SinGear; 09-17-2008, 10:41 AM.

Looks good to me, now do 900 more of them...Bob

Comment

Thanks, that was actually #902 I think I'm gettting the hang of it haha

Comment

Sin- try so resize the Pics for better viewing and some members are still on Dial Up.

Comment

Didn't know how to, well that and I figured it would be easier for your old eyes to see the bead.

Don't you have a TV stand to make swivel

Comment

D@mmit now its too small, happy now Ed? I got on a photo editing forum and got lambasted by some guy for asking how to resize a pic LMFAO!

Comment

I just use Photo Bucket for hosting.

My screen is 24"

The Tv don't need no stinking swivel- 42" Flat screen = great viewing from all angles

Comment

I use it too just never noticed the re-size option, guess that's a down fall of havin a super b1tchen camera

Don't flaunt your 24" I'm runnin dual 22's so there

Well if your not gonna do a swivel how about accuators and a lift to drop down into a cabinet, super custom competition sport modified haha

Comment

SinGear,

Welds don't look bad at all. Another 900 or so and you'll be ready for the mig cart everyone wants to build. Just kidding. Good job.

Like the sense of humor.

Got any extra decoder rings laying around? (I could use one to figure out what some posters are asking)

Comment

Weld quality

The only real way to check your weld penetration, is to cut it. Appearance looks good, but didn't see much undercut.

Comment

SinGear,

No problem with a C25 (75%Argon,25%CO2) being stored/used at 22 degrees.

I would think that a CO2 bottle would be alright also, but, since it's a liquid under pressure, I wouldn't go any more than that.

Most gasses (O2, Hydrogen, Helium) can be stored at an angle.

You do not want to lay an acetylene bottle on it's side since it contains acetone.

Propane also should be stored/used upright since it's in liquid form.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceman73 View Post
                        The only real way to check your weld penetration, is to cut it. Appearance looks good, but didn't see much undercut.
                        Very true, however seeing as how that's the frame jig for my motorcycle, I believe I'll lay a couple coupon beads and hack those up.

On a serious note though, what do you mean by undercut? I'm headed to the glossary of terms so I may answer my own question before you get back.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                          SinGear,

No problem with a C25 (75%Argon,25%CO2) being stored/used at 22 degrees.
                          How is it you managed to leave off the only other bottle I have, Argon 100% which I'm gonna go with ok on as well

Comment

Originally posted by curly
                            That's hilarious, never heard it before. Could you please post it on a couple a threads we have going around here

And also, what's a coupon bead?
                            Coupons= small pieces you practice/ test on

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sporty
                              NOT COOL!!! AND ALSO NOT FUNNY!!!!
                              Sporty, hey sorry if that offended you, I have a couple of friends as well as a family member that is mentally challenged as well as physically and yet joke quite freely about their disablities. Sometimes you have to joke about life and what it deals ya rather than treating it like the pink elephant in the room.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.