Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra thin Jon Boat

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    ok, I gotta ask how you just found these at work
    Well lt's just say I am not one to sit around. Working a swing shift with 12 hours shifts on nights can get pretty boring!!!! There are not to many things I do not know where to find, but these portable welders have eluded me. Now that i know the exist I can put them to good use

I work in a Power house. There are weldeing machines everywhere, just the tig are not portable units, ussually....Until I hit the mother load tonite. Now that I know where they are all I have to do is ask the on of the welders to unlock the door for me. They are more than helpfull in the machine shop or anywhere for that matter when it comes to a G job.

I am glad my boat is all fixed and I am happy to pay the $. By the sounds of it I would not have learned to tig it in time anyway. Lie I said in a previous Post, I have adesire to learn so next time I can do it my self. I am sure this will not be my last boat, and for the price you can buy stuff that has a little abuse is crazy. The more resources you have the better off you are right?
    Last edited by 2001rotax800; 09-15-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Cheat

Where do can you find someone to tig for $40 or $80? I wouldn't think about it for less than $200!!

Comment

well here are the pics, I am very very happy

Comment

Boat Repair

Sorry guys, but its not rocket science.

Here is my 'Thin Hull' with a new transom plate welded on and crossbrace ... all done with a wire spool gun .... MIG. No holes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 2001rotax800 View Post
            well here are the pics, I am very very happy
            Cool jon boat. It looks like you could use it as an icebreaker.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.