Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project ideas......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project ideas......

Hey everyone,

I haven't been online in such a while but once again I find myself wondering about. I haven't gotten any hours this summer no one is my province was hiring, including i do believe 3 others are in the same boat I'm in. I'm still going back to school and this year the shops going to be MINE I want to make something use full, yet challenging so I can get all my skills back I'm a bit rusty. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone on here could give me ideas, and I'm hoping i can fit it in he back of my 1/4 tonne S10 to drive home so there is a semi size problem.

I'd also like to say Hello to everyone new to the Miller boards and I'm looking forward to talking to you on the boards in the near future

New Project Ideas - steel storage rack

I weld in my garage and have to keep my footprint small. I recently built a heavier version of a rack I designed a year ago. I use 4 1/2" heavy cardboard tubes, but you could use 4" PVC pipe instead. I can cut my steel to 10' lengths, sort by flats, pipe, angles, etc. to make it easy to inventory and pull stock for projects. The tubes are tight and lock each other in. It is very sturdy.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice rack.
      cool idea.

Comment

Originally posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
        I'm hoping i can fit it in he back of my 1/4 tonne S10 to drive home so there is a semi size problem.
        Ok, how about some truck accessories.....

Carrier rack for the truck for long stock/ladder/pipe/whatever?
        Light bar for the truck (winter is dark and long, no?) Maybe with a mount for the spare (getting it out from underneath stinks)?
        Cover for the truck bed (arched frame, mounts that don't mess up the rails, etc)
        Custom toolbox that meets YOUR needs and mounts where you want it in the bed?

On these trucks a fair bit of planning is needed on accessories to keep the weight down and the balance good.

Comment

I want to make something use full, yet challenging so I can get all my skills back I'm a bit rusty. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone on here could give me ideas
          what do you need/want around the house/garage/shop/?

i've got three or four projects lined up for the winter
          - a welding cart for the garage (to hold a buzz box, a mig
          and its bottle (or two -- i'm thinking of doing some al work)
          and maybe integrate in a small tool chest). think of it as
          a micro-sized-welding-service-truck :-)
          - a base for a smallish wood-working bench
          - a flatscreen-tv stand (more than a few good ideas have
          been posted here and on the hobart board)
          - a small bike-rack for the bicycles
          i know, i could go buy these things, but making them is a lot more
          fun and satisfying. look around the house -- i'm sure you'll
          come up with an idea or two. (and look around the project
          pages on the miller website)

frank

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Welding is alot like riding a bike, in the sense that once you get it down, its hard to forget.

But you can always improve your skills.

Comment

Project

Hey everyone,

I haven't been online in such a while but once again I find myself wondering about. I haven't gotten any hours this summer no one is my province was hiring, including i do believe 3 others are in the same boat I'm in. I'm still going back to school and this year the shops going to be MINE I want to make something use full, yet challenging so I can get all my skills back I'm a bit rusty. I'd greatly appreciate if anyone on here could give me ideas, and I'm hoping i can fit it in he back of my 1/4 tonne S10 to drive home so there is a semi size problem.

I'd also like to say Hello to everyone new to the Miller boards and I'm looking forward to talking to you on the boards in the near future
              Build a bigger truck!!!

Comment

How about a nice welding/work table?

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.