Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what metal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what metal?

I would like to make some metal bars for weight lifting. I need them to not bend and be able to hold up to like 5-6hundred pounds. like 1in diameter any help?

thanks any idea of a close price per foot?

Comment

Originally posted by themayor View Post
      I would like to make some metal bars for weight lifting. I need them to not bend and be able to hold up to like 5-6hundred pounds. like 1in diameter any help?
      Why waste time building something that is so cheap to buy?

http://www.pacillo.com/category.asp?area=6&sub=8&f=46

Comment

Have made 2 this year for the firemen in training in the city. Used 2" T.G.P. or turned,ground & polished grade 1045 same as used in a hydraulic ram without the chrome. Was 7 ft. long & knurled in the lathe with a diamond pattern to give hands a place to grip.

Comment

I agree you can buy some of them cheap but i am looking to make odd ball bars like saftey squat bar and a football bar they run like 200 or more.

How did you like them with the 2in dia the hole way? would be great for grip work

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.