Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick useful helper

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick useful helper

My tig torch is very light and the weight of its cable keeps pulling it off the welding table just about breaking the cup. A while back some guys posted
    pics of a torch holder with a magnetic base. I think they were just for a horz flat surface. Then I had an idea to make one but a little more versatile. I took an inexpensive magnetic base, for dial indicaters, took the adjustable arm off leaving the tightening knob on. I then formed a piece of 3/8 round which fits the bore on the base to hold my torch. It can hold your torch or mig gun in just about any position and on round as well as flat steel. This might be helpful for people doing roll cages in the vehicle. Here is some pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monte55; 06-29-2007, 10:23 PM.

nice lil gaget.
    i just slip mine ito a pice of pipe atached to a magnet. your's is much fancyer.

Comment

thats cool . i need ta make one

Comment

torch holder

monte55, Nice tool you've come up with. I use a pair of 6" welding clamps for mine, but now I've gotta make one like yours, it's not like I don't have enough projects already. Dave

Comment

Tig torch

Hey that's pretty cool good thinking.A stick anywhere base

Comment

NICE!!

Comment

Without much effort you could probably make some money marketing your invention.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyTIG View Post
                Without much effort you could probably make some money marketing your invention.

Thanks for sharing.
                make me first on the list .

Comment

it's not like I don't have enough projects already.
                  never have truer words been spoken. seems like every time i go in the shop lately i have 4 more things to do then i have time for.
                  i still have not had a chance to get the shop reorganized, stupid fron axel fell apart on my rideing mower last night. could they possibly make this stuff any cheaper????
                  what ever you do dont buy a husky from TSC. its been designed to fall apart. and i didnt even get the cheap one, just think what that would have been like.

Comment

I like it, did you enter it in the weekend welder challenge? looks like it could be a contender

Comment

Projects for the challenge need to include welding in their assembly

Comment

ok , so cut it in 1/2 and weld it back togather .LOL

i enterd this holder for the contest, but its to hold a tab or small part in place wile you tig it, or if its for aluminum where a standerd magnet wont work. we all know what a magnet dose to the TIG arc this take the magnet out of TIG interfearence range and still alows you to hold the part.
                        i'll post some more pic's in my own post so i dont hijack your with it though.
                        thats a great TIG torch holder. i think we have all droped our torch off the tabel atleast once.
                        Attached Files

Comment

great idea!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.