Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Miller Hemlets???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Miller Hemlets???

The digital elite series has a Lens Power control of Manual-On and Auto-Off... What do they mean by Manual on? Is it still auto-darkening? I'm sure it has to be. Someone enlighten me, I am a bit confused.

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    The digital elite series has a Lens Power control of Manual-On and Auto-Off... What do they mean by Manual on? Is it still auto-darkening? I'm sure it has to be. Someone enlighten me, I am a bit confused.
    Means you have to turn it on before welding unlike the performance series i have that turns on as soon as the arc is struck. The auto off just turns it off after a few minutes of no use to save battery power.
    Last edited by Icarus; 09-11-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

As not to run the battery down, I guess. So, it is still auto darkening. Thanks!

Comment

You have to turn the helmet on as you start to work, not before every weld. If some minutes go by without use the helmet will turn itself off.

I haven't used the Miller model, but I think it is always dark if the power is off. Turn the power on and you have an auto-darkening helmet. If several minutes pass without use it will shut the power off again.

These helmets may leave the power on if you set it on the bench looking at a bright light on the ceiling (I THINK...)

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Bauer View Post
          You have to turn the helmet on as you start to work, not before every weld. If some minutes go by without use the helmet will turn itself off.

I haven't used the Miller model, but I think it is always dark if the power is off. Turn the power on and you have an auto-darkening helmet. If several minutes pass without use it will shut the power off again.

These helmets may leave the power on if you set it on the bench looking at a bright light on the ceiling (I THINK...)
          Unless the D-Elites have change, the miller helmets all default to there light shade. If you forget to turn it on you'll end up seeing spots for a second or two, kinda annoying, but you'll become trained to turn it on after a while.

Comment

Yup when off you will get the flash.
            My teacher got flashed while giveing a demo.
            I have an optrell and love it!
            my welder is miller.
            my optrell works off of solar power only no battery.
            There both about the same cost
            Read up on both and see what you need.

Comment

Optrel Satellite will definatly be my next helmet. Mom works at Air Liquide so I can get it for their cost, $275.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.