Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Cart

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Cart

Just joined the forum and thought I'd say hello and post a recent project. I have to say I stole a few ideas from several other projects to come up with my own. I built this cart because I had a welder cart, cutting torch cart, and plasma cart and was running out of room in the garage. My space is small when the wife's car is inside so I made this cart to make a bit of room. It holds my millermatic 175, miller 375 extreme plasma and mu gas torch set up all in one. I also put 2 electrical boxes on the back to plug in both the welder and plasma at the same time and made a 20ft extension cord to make a single plug in to my 220v power. My airhose stays with the cart as well. It made a big change in my space to work as well as it gives me mobility with the extension cord and air hose. Hope it inspires someone else to make room in their small shop.

Name:  03c322962fe26732061399b1609a4834.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  263.3 KB

Name:  9431f9dd66d0f4acdb67244e07103f26.jpg
Size:  300.1 KB

Name:  127d5ea32e8a03a6425d6edd4a21ea24.jpg
Size:  232.1 KB

Name:  3be0cf7cfadf3aed150877b5d29d8bcd.jpg
Size:  245.6 KB

Name:  184b09308f1f5dac1ae816ac5ff3c9ea.jpg
Size:  273.7 KB

Pretty Sweet bro... Good Idea!

Comment

very cool

Very nice cart, it's fun to look at all the good ideas out there. I'm in the same boat, very little room in garage.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. It was a fun project and boy does it help out.

Comment

Nice cart. Blue works well here.

Pic size 800 x 600 please.

Comment

Looks good, more importantly it looks like it works good!

Comment

Really nice job on your cart, good use of space.

May I suggest putting the guard back on your grinder before it kicks back and takes a finger or two off? You know how fast it will eat steel, imagine what it would do to skin and bones!

Comment

someone shops at northern tool

Comment

Very nice cart and the paint job looks excellent.

By the way, the boss, my youngest daughter who is extremely critical of my work said "it looked awesome". Hey, what more could you ask for?

Comment

Nice looking cart. Looks like Krylon Ford blue paint. Always did like that color. (But not as much as I like Chevy orange!)

Good job. Neat and tidy.

Ken

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It is shaker can Krylon direct from Wal Mart in the closest to Miller blue I could find. I should have some pic's of the new welding table soon. It was also a project to save room in the garage. I was working off of 2 very uneven saw horses. Hard to make level and I had to move them often to make room for the rest of the garage things that come up. I should be set for my own piece of the garage soon.

Comment

nice

nice cart.....nice deer too! hunting season is just around the corner---cant wait

Comment

Nice job. Simple but effective!

Originally posted by spervis View Post
                          Thanks for the comments. It is shaker can Krylon direct from Wal Mart in the closest to Miller blue I could find. I should have some pic's of the new welding table soon. It was also a project to save room in the garage. I was working off of 2 very uneven saw horses. Hard to make level and I had to move them often to make room for the rest of the garage things that come up. I should be set for my own piece of the garage soon.
                          Last edited by mitchell beri; 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Nice job. Simple but effective!

Originally posted by spervis View Post

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.