Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systematic Welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systematic Welder

A guy wants to sell me a Systematics Mig Welder very reasonable. He is very trustworthy and honest, I have no reason to doubt one word he ever said. He told me it is a very nice machine, will out perform anything I want to do with it. All I know is it is big and runs on 220. He is going to email me pics and all the information on it. Does anyone know anything about the Systematics ? I know Miller is the way to go but if I can get a steal on something, I would be a fool to pass it up IF it is a good quality machine.

http://www.brweldingsupplies.com/par...roduct_id=1401

Well at least B&R has consumables

Comment

I guess they took over the Air Products line. I was buying Air Products AP 250 feeders and the last one was a Systematics, different color and name but identicle to the Air Products feeders This isn't recent probably 25 years ago or more..
      Last edited by lars66; 08-16-2008, 04:59 PM. Reason: Lousey spelling. Add to post

Comment

Well, I got the tech number for Systematics. After finding out what model it was (FM150) I called tech and got my answer. Machine is 30 years old and there are no available parts for it. Guess it will collect dust in the guys garage unless he wants to sell it for junk price.

Got a good price on a Hobart Handler 187 today for $753, free shipping. Should be getting it within the week. Seeing how Hobart is owned by Miller, I feel better now setting my Miller & Hobart side by side.

Comment

Originally posted by KBar View Post
          Well, I got the tech number for Systematics. After finding out what model it was (FM150) I called tech and got my answer. Machine is 30 years old and there are no available parts for it. Guess it will collect dust in the guys garage unless he wants to sell it for junk price.

Got a good price on a Hobart Handler 187 today for $753, free shipping. Should be getting it within the week. Seeing how Hobart is owned by Miller, I feel better now setting my Miller & Hobart side by side.
          Kbar-

This is one of the first hits when you type in HH187 on Google

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...187-MIG/Detail

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
            Kbar-

This is one of the first hits when you type in HH187 on Google

http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.co...187-MIG/Detail
            For a savings of only $60, it wouldn't be worth it to me. Something goes wrong in shipping or otherwise, I have to send it back to IL. Where I got mine, I can drive 10 mile and drop it off, plus Im dealing local with repairs, warranty, etc. Besides, I dont have an account there, dont use plastic either

Comment

Originally posted by KBar View Post
              For a savings of only $60, it wouldn't be worth it to me. Something goes wrong in shipping or otherwise, I have to send it back to IL. Where I got mine, I can drive 10 mile and drop it off, plus Im dealing local with repairs, warranty, etc. Besides, I dont have an account there, dont use plastic either
              Good deal- since you said Free Shipping- I thought you had ordered on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                Good deal- since you said Free Shipping- I thought you had ordered on line.
                No, the company was out of stock so rather than get it shipped to their store, they are shipping it straight to me. In the long run, it saves them a trip. Now Im anxious to use it.

Comment

Good choice. New HH187 vs. 30 year old welder? No question.

Good luck. You'll like the HH187.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Sporty View Post
                    Good choice. New HH187 vs. 30 year old welder? No question.

Good luck. You'll like the HH187.
                    Yeah but now I have to make a cart for it, boss asked me if I wanted one, I told him a welder builds them, they dont buy them.

Comment

Hobart

I've owned pre-Miller and Miller owned Hobarts. Both are great machines and consumables are easily found. Good choice. My first Hobart 140 Handler went through at least 100 lbs. of wire with no problems.

Comment

Machine only took three days to come after the P.O. was faxed out, I was amazed. Unfortunately it came Wednesday and I was off Thursday and Friday. I'll be taking it out of the box to check it out Monday, probably wont use it much until the weather starts getting colder, thats when my inspections outside start slowing up.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.