Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

used stick machine wanted

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weld13,
    good luck on that one, looks good
    Paint it blue later

Comment

Originally posted by weld_13 View Post
      I don't I have posted this one It's an ac/dc lincoln buzz box looks fairly new too http://cgi.ebay.com/Lincoln-AC-DC-22...QQcmdZViewItem
      Yeah nice machine but the shipping is more then the machine I belive i will get the hobart stickmate($250,free shipping) ac only but it is new and has a 5/3/1 warrtany

Comment

Well if your goin to check that out let me look again cause there were some others that were ac only for pennies on the dollar. How high do the amps go on the stickmate?

Comment

they go up to 205 amps

Comment

Aww common keep lookin you gotta need more than 205 amps my buzz box does 225 and that isn't hardly enuff for me to do what I need

Comment

give me some more money and i will get more amps

Comment

Hate to break it to you boys, but the lincolns you are talking about are 230 volt. I don't think lincoln even builds a 110 volt stick machine. I've used one miller thunderbolt, once, and never again. Miller, Lincoln, Hobart are all good machines, though the Lincoln and Miller have higher duty cycles, and just so you know, Miller owns Hobart. I have always liked Miller shop machines (I've also never burned up anything but a miller, and it was only one, and I toasted it twice, was only six months old, 400 amp machine). I welded for years with a powerkraft (some of the older guys will remember them, aka Monkey-Wards) ac machine when I was learning. It is 40 years old, dad still has it, and still uses it regularly. Never buy a used machine you haven't seen weld, period. If they don't want to let you try it out there is probably a very good reason. I have never used an engine drive Miller that I truly liked not even the '04 Trailblazer a company I worked for had. I did use an engine drive Hobart that was really sweet to weld with, but they don't have the duty cycle I need. My dad's ranger 250 is by far the weldingest (not a real word I know, but ya get the drift) machine I have ever used bar none. The smoothest shop machine I ever used was a Miller Dialarc 250 that had been rebuilt by Lincoln. In fact I would move stuff just so I could get to it with that machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly Roger View Post
                  Hate to break it to you boys, but the lincolns you are talking about are 230 volt. I don't think lincoln even builds a 110 volt stick machine. I've used one miller thunderbolt, once, and never again. Miller, Lincoln, Hobart are all good machines, though the Lincoln and Miller have higher duty cycles, and just so you know, Miller owns Hobart. I have always liked Miller shop machines (I've also never burned up anything but a miller, and it was only one, and I toasted it twice, was only six months old, 400 amp machine). I welded for years with a powerkraft (some of the older guys will remember them, aka Monkey-Wards) ac machine when I was learning. It is 40 years old, dad still has it, and still uses it regularly. Never buy a used machine you haven't seen weld, period. If they don't want to let you try it out there is probably a very good reason. I have never used an engine drive Miller that I truly liked not even the '04 Trailblazer a company I worked for had. I did use an engine drive Hobart that was really sweet to weld with, but they don't have the duty cycle I need. My dad's ranger 250 is by far the weldingest (not a real word I know, but ya get the drift) machine I have ever used bar none. The smoothest shop machine I ever used was a Miller Dialarc 250 that had been rebuilt by Lincoln. In fact I would move stuff just so I could get to it with that machine.
                  I going to get the Hobart Stickmate lx 235 amp ac machine NEW at my local TSC store cause I Decided a while back not to get a used machine cause if you don`t get to weld with you don`t know if it is good or junk

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.