Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

used stick machine wanted

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireburner,
    I had a thunderbolt as my 1st welder. Didn't use it much...got bummed about the crank adjustment, but it welded very well the 1st 7 years whenever I DID use it...Sold it for $200 to a friend and he's happy with it...I suggest you buy miller,lincoln,or hobart. At a Lincoln tent sale I went to 3 years ago, one of the big wigs from the mainland answered my question: "what is your personal opinion on who is the best, Miller vs. Lincoln?" He gave me a very honest answer: "their both excellent machines, it depends on who gives you better service." Hands down, I think it's Miller/Airgas/Gaspro...I'm a "BLUE MAN"
    Stay away from Campbell Hausefeld/Sears/and other cr*p. There is another thread telling you not to buy them as you will be throwing your money away...

Comment

HEY!!!! i started using my spell checker..... .....well some times.

Comment

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO START USING YOUR GRAMMER CHECKER ALSO???!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO START USING YOUR GRAMMER CHECKER ALSO???!!!!!
          Haha. Well its at least a start

Comment

True dat!!!

Comment

naaa, mommy said i didnt hav ta, so dare ya be!!.

Comment

Well, if momma is much younger than me and gonna take care of me when I get old, I'd listen to her

Comment

belive I`am going to get a Lincoln ac/dc machine,, hey y`all don`t get madd get Glad

Comment

New or used? At least it's a ac/dc...good Lincoln...bad

Comment

hey whats so wrong with lincoln?

Comment

It's red That goes to you to James
                        Like I mentioned in another post. One of the guys that came from the mainland for the Lincoln tent sale, said they are both excellent machines; choose which one you want based on customer service...over here, Gaspro and Miller gives me MUCH better service
                        Will yours be new or used?
                        There are a lot of guys on this forum that use Lincoln, so you will have a lot of help if you buy red. At the Lincoln tent sale, I've seen and tried a lot of them for TIG,MIG and stick. They're very impressive also

Comment

Yes you do have a very good point. The reason i went with a lincoln buzz box for a stick welder was because of cost and reliability because i had more experience with the lincoln stick welders and new that they could handle a beatin. When it comes down to service miller will win 99% of the time in my area as much as i hate to say it because its really the area your in and the service quality.

Comment

Bert

like to have a used 1, reason i want ac/dc is so later I can get ever thing to tig with it

Comment

I want a used Lincoln 225/125 Ac/dc machine , it has to be $250 with shipping or less

Comment

I would also suggest a ac/dc thunderbolt even though no one else has because I think those are sometimes cheaper

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.