Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody have plans for a lowboy gooseneck trailer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody have plans for a lowboy gooseneck trailer?

like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-NEW-24-GOOS...742.m153.l1262

i want the deck to be 102" wide though and have the fenders heavy enough to drive a pickup over and then ill just make some wood sides i can take off

oh yeah i want enough room in the fenders to get a 265/75-16 or 285 tire in it since thats whats on the trucks so when i get new truck tires i got a new set for the trailer!! and something wider to float through the pastures

and im gonna make it flat with no dovetail, i want it as close to the ground as possible its gonna get used for haulin hay and firewood

im goin back and forth between torsion axles or air bags, if i can find a good price on some 4k or 5k bags ill probably go that route so i can raise the ride height if im in rough country

but so far it looks like i can buy a trailer and modify it for less!!

Look around here and see if something catches your eye. These are some of the 500 i have built...Bob
    http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...0have%20built/

Comment

That trailer went for 3K? That sounds like a deal. I don't think I could build it for cheaper. Isn't there a registration hassle with a home made trailer due to the weight rating? I'm thinking about buying one like that now.

Comment

yeah its a good price on it. the only thing for me is having something with the wider deck and i would like torsion or airbag suspension under it. plus i want to have the extra room in the fenders for the 265 or 285/75-16e tires too and i already have a jack, coupler, wheels and tires.

here its easy to get a home built trailer registered they will give you your tags based on what the axles are rated for and you have to get an inspection on it but thats only $12

ive had thoughts of just buyin one from them and addin onto the deck and workin overthe fenders but cant make up my mind. also i havent called them yet to see if i could drop off the parts i already have (there brand new) except for the wheels and tires but there off my horse trailer from when i put aluminum wheels on it to match the truck

im guessin its probably atleast $1500 in steel about a grand in axles dependin on which way i go and a few hundred on wood

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.