Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out these welds..critique

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Check out these welds..critique

    Ok. These are NOT my welds. However, this is for a blow through carbed turbo application. The person who did these welds think that pin hole leaks are fine for this application(IMHO these are more than pin holes). Tell me your thoughts. He thinks that for a DIY these welds are good as well.
    T.J.


  • #2
    I'm pretty sure you know "our" thoughts! lol Somebody needs more practice. I'm guessing that is polished AL that has attempted to be TIG welded? The pic is kinda blurry.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks like horse poop. I've been tig welding aluminum for a few minutes most evenings for only 3 weeks and my welds look better than that. Just being honest, it's a shame to take a nice polished piece like that and glob it up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TJS View Post
        Ok. These are NOT my welds. However, this is for a blow through carbed turbo application. The person who did these welds think that pin hole leaks are fine for this application(IMHO these are more than pin holes). Tell me your thoughts. He thinks that for a DIY these welds are good as well.
        T.J.

        More practice, more practice, and more practice.


        Griff

        Comment


        • #5
          Would you please enlarge the Pics- kinda small

          Comment


          • #6
            Zippity doo dah zippity eh,............................

            Comment


            • #7
              My oh my what do you say?.....

              Comment


              • #8
                A good weldor needs to FOCUS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Resized.
                  T.J.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    pretty

                    Kinda looks like I welded it...its all good. AS long as it doesnt leak, dont want to be losing BOOST

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The only two things he forgot was, hammer to fit and paint to hide!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh my!

                        Originally posted by walker View Post
                        The only two things he forgot was, hammer to fit and paint to hide!
                        Don't forget the grinder and bondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not welds sorry to say, just an ill-conceived, underpowered mess.

                          I don't mean to be harsh, but I will tell the truth as I see it...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Marcel

                            Originally posted by Marcel Bauer View Post
                            Not welds sorry to say, just an ill-conceived, underpowered mess.

                            I don't mean to be harsh, but I will tell the truth as I see it...
                            So, do you drink Labats or what? I love beer and started my business by building kegerators.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, well the positive side of this is, I can't see it from my house.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.