Hurricane Bobcat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Bobcat

A few years back, hurricane Rita forced me to go out and get a generator. Little did my wife know i was coming home with a new miller bobcat. Not much choice really. The lws was the only place that had any generators left, and they only had two of these. I've been working on this trailer for it off and on for a while. Its almost complete, still have to put a trailer jack, bottle rack and lead rack. Its compact, ballanced and pulls great. I have not built much as far as welding goes, just a few home projects here and there, although this one did turn out real nice. Here she is--take a look...

mike
    Attached Files
    MM 211
    Hobart stickmate AC/DC
    Miller Bobcat 225G
    CutMaster 39
    And a few other tools here and there

back up power and a welding toy all in one, cant beat that.
    good looking trailor.

always good to have an excuse ready for the wife.
    welcome to the site, good to have ya with us.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. I just orderd a 30'x40' prefab metal building for my shop. will be starting on the slab work this week. will also be adding a plasma cutter and a mig welder soon after the shop goes up. looking at the spectrum625 for the plasma - have not decided on the mig yet...maybe the millermatic 212

mike
      MM 211
      Hobart stickmate AC/DC
      Miller Bobcat 225G
      CutMaster 39

Comment

IMHO - I think . . . .

I think the Millermatic 252 would be worth the extra $$$.

Steve
        Millermatic 251
        Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
        Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
        Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

sh***t!

Originally posted by thatsgre8t View Post
          A few years back, hurricane Rita forced me to go out and get a generator. Little did my wife know i was coming home with a new miller bobcat. Not much choice really. The lws was the only place that had any generators left, and they only had two of these. I've been working on this trailer for it off and on for a while. Its almost complete, still have to put a trailer jack, bottle rack and lead rack. Its compact, ballanced and pulls great. I have not built much as far as welding goes, just a few home projects here and there, although this one did turn out real nice. Here she is--take a look...

mike
          I'd be happy as ****! Two in one. Only if we could have two women for one!!
          Millermatic 210
          Syncrowave 200
          Spectrum 625 X-treme
          Hobart Champion 16 W/
          Miller 8VS Suitcase
          Miller 3035 Spool Gun
          Tons of Tools
          Microwave
          Laptop and Printer
          Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

1 forward--2 back

yesterday i got my dirt spread out for my pad. three sides of my form up today and then the rain comes down hard. wasnt even suppose to rain for a week to come...couple days to let dry out and start again. oh well. "when it rains, it pours"

mike
            MM 211
            Hobart stickmate AC/DC
            Miller Bobcat 225G
            CutMaster 39

Comment

Nice Trailer mike,

I also have a Miller legend welder and it got us threw Katrina and other power outages. man that welder runs so smooth

good to hear that you are getting a shop Congrats

hope you have lots of fun and keep those pictures coming

........... Richard

Comment

who did you order your prefab building from

Comment

thanks richard ---yeah, half the guys i worked with offshore got hit by katrina, a month later the other half had issues with rita. the week i was without electricity was a pain, but thanks to the bobcat i had it a lot better than most.....it paid for itself that week..

BC--got the building from American Duro Beam

Rained again this morning--still on hold
                  MM 211
                  Hobart stickmate AC/DC
                  Miller Bobcat 225G
                  CutMaster 39

Comment

thanks richard ---yeah, half the guys i worked with offshore got hit by katrina, a month later the other half had issues with rita. the week i was without electricity was a pain, but thanks to the bobcat i had it a lot better than most.....it paid for itself that week..

BC--got the building from American Duro Beam

Rained again this morning--still on hold
                    MM 211
                    Hobart stickmate AC/DC
                    Miller Bobcat 225G
                    CutMaster 39

Comment

The trailer looks nice Mike. For optimal towing, you will want more tongue weight. You could move the machine forward, axle back, or mount your O/A bottles up front. Once you have the jack with wheel mounted, you won't care about an 80-100 pound tongue weight!
                      Keep up the good work,
                      Russ
                      BFM
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Passport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by thatsgre8t View Post
                        Thanks for the compliment. I just orderd a 30'x40' prefab metal building for my shop. will be starting on the slab work this week. will also be adding a plasma cutter and a mig welder soon after the shop goes up. looking at the spectrum625 for the plasma - have not decided on the mig yet...maybe the millermatic 212

mike
                        The 212 would be an excellent choice.

I believe that to be the latest version of what I have the 210.

I believe you could run the 212 off that Bobcat, because it has a stepped power selector. It's not recommended to run those 'infinitely variable' adjustment units off of a generator.

When I bought my 210 that was a consideration, as we have a generator but no welder.

Now if only that generator would die, a Bobcat would be it's replacement.

Comment

Working...
                        X