Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

1949 chevy car couch

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1949 chevy car couch

I built this for my wifes birthday 18 years ago.
    It is an actual love seat or couch, made from the trunk of a 1949 Chevy,

She saw something like this on T.V. and told me she wanted one.
    On her B-day, her wish was my command!

However.... What I showed her was a rusty old rear clip from a car I had just found in a junk yard.

A year or two later, she recieved this.

The only photo at this time has a guitar collection on it from a photo shoot for another deal.
    The trunk closes and the tail lights light up and there is a stereo mounted in it with speakers in the package tray.

It is pearl white with a "heart beat of america" licence plate on it.

The actual weld project was basicly putting a frame underneath it at the proper angle to have the right position to be functional.
    1" square tubing and some 70's model hood adjuster bolts for the feet.

The rest of the project was body shop skills.
    Attached Files

That is so cool. Nice job and good idea...Bob

Comment

Nice idea, very impressive, bet she was thrilled

Comment

Pretty cool, got any ideas for the rest of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by burninbriar View Post
          Pretty cool, got any ideas for the rest of the car?
          Well I have seen and heard about desks made from the front end sheet metal of old cars.
          The wife has garage sale stuff sitting on the couch right now but I will take some more photos of different angles in a day or so when she removes all that stuff.
          Randall

Comment

I've seen numerous desks made of front clips as well and are cool to say the least, but for another idea here is a couple of pics of a gas grill made of a front clip that I received in an e-mail the other day, thought it was a cool idea as well, don't think this cat would mind using his idea, however I would add a heat shield to the top unless you plan on cooking open top. Could make it a roll around, add a couple of runners w/alloys, would be cool, but that's just me.
            Good luck
            L*S
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leons2003 View Post
              I've seen numerous desks made of front clips as well and are cool to say the least, but for another idea here is a couple of pics of a gas grill made of a front clip that I received in an e-mail the other day, thought it was a cool idea as well, don't think this cat would mind using his idea, however I would add a heat shield to the top unless you plan on cooking open top. Could make it a roll around, add a couple of runners w/alloys, would be cool, but that's just me.
              Good luck
              L*S
              That is great!!!!
              Thanks for sharing that.
              Randall

Comment

love seat

fendermender, looks like your couch gave blurdydal other ideas. why must people post this crap?

Comment

fender mender what is wrong with you ???

only one bass guitar???

Comment

WOW!!! that is cool.
                    now he needs to use the trunk for a cooler on the other side of the door.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.