Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 Ton A-Frame

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Ton A-Frame

The attached file is an overhead view of a 20 ton capacity A-Frame that attaches to the rear of a ship. We had to load test it to 40 tons of course but thanks to miller, and to some hard working fabricators, all welds held.
    Attached Files

Heavy Metal

That's bad-a$$, DOGG. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Took me a second to clue in that it was the size it is. What is it for?

Comment

Located in So Cal. The Lift is for sea-born operations requiring a dual winch set-up, one on the right and one on the left; for positioning expensive equipment below sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEDOGG View Post
            Located in So Cal. The Lift is for sea-born operations requiring a dual winch set-up, one on the right and one on the left; for positioning expensive equipment below sea level.
            Yeah- got that part from yer Location

Where in SoCal?

Comment

Hey you might want to put a dime in your pictures so we can tell how big it is Just kidding nice work

Comment

the dime is in the bottom left corner next to one of the beads. ya have to enlarg the pic to see it.

thats nice looking work, thanks for sharing. its always cool to see some of the stuff guy's are building, rather than just a bead.

Comment

ooooohhhhhh dassa big

no there is no dime in the pic ....
                  you might see me in the pic ,picking it up

Comment

thats a nice A frame
                    . . Thanks for posting the pictures

. I am also building a Large "A" frame for home use , although I can not figure out how to post pictures on the Miller forum , fustrated , it to will be a nice one . when complete. and yes thanks to Miller for making such Great welders so all the welds will hold.

............ Richard

Comment

How much HYD oil does one of those cylinders take to extend. Holy WHAAA

Comment

All in all, the Hydraulic pressure unit took one hundred fifty gallons to operate the frame, winches and other related components. The HPU is powered with a caterpillar engine. 2" Hydraulic lines were used along with 1 1/2" lines for the winches. We only had to climb the ladders once during re-assembly in Florida put I am sure those rungs will be getting used out at sea.

Comment

BAM!

nice work.... gotta love big things

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.