Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

need change

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need change

im tired of workin at a welding production shop, i need a change anyone got any ideas

Build a big building, buy a couple of welding machines and few tons of steel and all the related tools and equipment, sink a sign in the yard and be self employed . It was just a thought...Bob

Comment

Wear a dress and work nights Welding ain't so bad now is it?

Comment

What they said !

Comment

ya very funny, its just im bored of building the same bunch of trailers over and over again. and not for good pay i might add , i was just wondering what other avenues i can take

Comment

need change

Denkab, You don't mention if you have the ways and means to go it alone or if you are looking for another place of employment. You need to tell us what experience you have and what you are capable of doing, before we can give any real serious advice. Dave

Comment

Can you weld all different types of metals? If so, you could expand your career into the exotic stuff. Aluminum, Titainium, Stainless, what have you. The choice to go out on your own, vs the choice to do what you know how to best. Take some courses If you feel you are at a dead end. There is much to be learned / welded after one has been hit in the nose with steel.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

I know the feeling. I worked in daddys trailer factory for 8 years dirt cheap doing everything from cutting steel to the finished product. What did i get or learn, a lot. I consider it like going to school because without all that hard work and trying different things to excell i wouldn't have my job now. The only downfall is i couldn't date the boss's daughter ...Bob

Comment

The only downfall is i couldn't date the boss's daughter ...Bob
                  why was she your moma too. LOL sorry i just had to do that .
                  going out on your own is expensive to start and can end up on your face if not verry carefull.
                  do you have anyy equipment of your own ??

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.