Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a horrible impression Part 2 LOL!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrolisys rust remover things . . .

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
    Anybody weld anything over the weekend?
    Although I found this thread to be the most entertaining on on the lists, I built one of those electrolisys rust remover things from another thread on the "Welding discussion" thing.
    Practiced a little with Aluminum and played with my new "digital elite" helmet settings.
    Disassembled and moved a small building that was given to me.

My wife is the president of a construction co. so I enjoied Beths post as well as the comments of others of thier frustrations.

I know another female that has an outdoor highway gadgets and gizmos company with 85+ or - employees.

I gained a little insite from the comments here.

Well the weekend is over so back to the grind.

Cheers.

Randall
    Aus-tex.
    How did that go . . .? I have a mobile planer / jointer stand I am building out of "rusted" angle & wiil need to clean it up . . . Any chance you took some pictures . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Comment

Originally posted by Wacko Welder View Post
      How did that go . . .? I have a mobile planer / jointer stand I am building out of "rusted" angle & wiil need to clean it up . . . Any chance you took some pictures . . .
      As a matter of fact.
      I just wanted to see if it worked so I used a square bucket and an old 12 volt power supply and 1/2 inch rebar and soda ash, that we use in the pool.
      I tested it and it works. The one link that was posted used a d.c.welder to do a whole trailer. I bet no one around here has one of those.
      Randall
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1
        Huh?

May wanna change the dosage on the Meds James or get back to GT4 until they wear off
        "welder" and "us" sorry I was typing to fast. What a LOW blow.Thanks for kicking a man while he is down.

James
        Last edited by StillBoostin; 07-07-2008, 03:35 PM. Reason: Edited for Mean spirited comments
        Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
        WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
        Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
        20Ton press
        And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
        www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
          So...
          but I am curious about your handle "ride sideways".
          My first impression was "ride side saddle".
          You know right?

Where you commin from?

Randall
          Aus-tex
          no bad guess. i race motorcycles (which is why i weld aluminum) around closed-loop courses, so i spend a lot of time on the bike leaned over "sideways" instead of straight up and down.
          miller dynasty 350
          miller spectrum 1000

Comment

i race motorcycles (which is why i weld aluminum) around closed-loop courses, so i spend a lot of time on the bike leaned over "sideways" instead of straight up and down.

should be rideslideways in sted of ridesideways. or are we not talking dirt track ?
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
              Have you guys ever noticed when we carve a pumpkinhead, we always dig out all the insides and throw it in the trash. Insides have no value other than to make more pumpkinheads later. Scary thought.
              hey Nick, soup's on.

Comment

BWHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!
                Warning to young ladies:
                If you wear loose clothes, beware of the machinery. If you wear tight clothes, beware of the machinist.

Comment

Originally posted by PUMPKINHEAD View Post
                  hey Nick, soup's on.

I'll be more than happy to give you that one............that's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Nick
                  Miller 252 Mig
                  Miller Cricket XL
                  Millermatic 150 Mig
                  Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                  2-O/A outfits
                  Jet Lathe and Mill
                  Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                  DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                  Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                  20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                  Propane Forge
                  60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                  Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                  and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Miller

Come on now! Miller is the king of welders. You have a problem, call them. I've been very satisfided with the Millers I've owned for years!
                    Millermatic 210
                    Syncrowave 200
                    Spectrum 625 X-treme
                    Hobart Champion 16 W/
                    Miller 8VS Suitcase
                    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
                    Tons of Tools
                    Microwave
                    Laptop and Printer
                    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

What does that have to do with pumpkinhead guts??????????
                      Nick
                      Miller 252 Mig
                      Miller Cricket XL
                      Millermatic 150 Mig
                      Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                      2-O/A outfits
                      Jet Lathe and Mill
                      Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                      DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                      Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                      20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                      Propane Forge
                      60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                      Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                      and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
                        no bad guess. i race motorcycles (which is why i weld aluminum) around closed-loop courses, so i spend a lot of time on the bike leaned over "sideways" instead of straight up and down.
                        I got ya.
                        Bet you wear out a lot of left hand boots.
                        What do you usually have to weld the most on the bikes?
                        Randall

Comment

not dirt track, asphalt road racing.

things that are handy to weld are:
                          rear sub-frame that support the exhaust can, rider seat
                          brackets to hold CDI electronics, suspension fluid reservoir, etc.
                          battery boxes
                          swing arm bracing
                          brackets that support things like brake fluid reservoirs, switches, etc.
                          exhaust pipes but that is SS
                          trailer attachments/accessories

the problem is when you crash all that stuff breaks/bends so you gotta keep fixing all the bits you fabricated...
                          miller dynasty 350
                          miller spectrum 1000

Comment

Wow...

Hope you guys had fun with the drama over the weekend, it looks like everyone hung out with their computers rather than their families this weekend? It WAS pretty hot. I spent a lot of time inside myself.

This thread is simply beyond me. It looks like a bunch of people were out lookin' for a fight? (or at least a little excitement?) The squabbles on here just came up out of (truly!) nothing and the contributors have no one to blame but themselves. These silly threads are fueled by members' participation. If you don't want to read this stuff, don't post a reply on it, it's that simple! If you want to clean up the board, stop feeding the discussion. There is no reason this thread should've made it to 8 pages. (there is NO content!) I would delete it, (because it has no value) but when we do that, conspiracy theories start flying... Suggestions?

Also, there are several other valuable, legit threads out there. If you put this into perspective, you'll see that out of all of the posts on the first page in a given day, there is usually just 1 or 2 BS ones. Sure, we'd rather not see the BS at all, but that is a small percentage next to the "good" threads. I don't feel that the board is "going to **** in a handbasket" as some have indicated. It is the same as it always has been (and growing!) and the statistics support that.

I urge everyone to excersise restraint on this one...

Also, I see we are "back to business" today... a step in the right direction! (maybe best read in a new thread though...)

PS: I myself was not appreciative of the way turtle (there's more to her username...) was treated as a woman and as a new member. She's right, some of the people on this board make it intimidating for no good reason. Simply rediculous and against our terms of use. There is no excuse for belittling someone like that, and it's not only her who was "beaten down" in this thread... I guess I need to start a new "naughty" list...
                            Last edited by Admin; 07-08-2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

admin, some of this doesn't seem fair. Beth seems like a nice person but she is criticizing the criticism (and the board) thus adding to the pandemonium. Maybe she is partially right, but most people are. Is there really a "naughty" list?? If you like email me at jcirafic2@yahoo.com
                              Joe in NY

Clarke 131E Arc Welder
                              HF 4x6 bandsaw
                              Hitachi 4.5" Grinder
                              Craftsman Air Compressor

Comment

This thread

jcirafic,

Perhaps I was remiss in using Beth as an example... It seems that this is being percieved out of context or not how I had intended. My comment was "bigger" than simply being about her. My intention was not to support her or everything she had said throughout the thread. This isn't about her, the person, the member. What I was driving at is that I'm continually seeing members attack one another (which is not acceptable) and this was simply another example of that ongoing issue.

There isn't a "naughty list", I was trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. That said, I do take note of what seems to be "repeat offenders" when it comes to attacking other members, posting crude content or otherwise violating our terms of use. My first course of action is to privately contact the member to remind them of our terms of use. Thereafter, if the behavior continues, the member is subject to being banned for either a specific amount of time or indefinately, depending on what was posted. I try not to "police" the board and I do let some fairly borderline things go, to be honest. I do need to act if we get complaints or if something is WAY out of line, however.

Hope that clears some things up for everyone?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X