Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a horrible impression Part 2 LOL!!!!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing is . . . . we all have one thing in common . . .

an American Made

Welding Machine . . . . and for the most part it is Blue or Red . . . .

does anybody in the US make a white welding machine . . .?

OK Miller, it's time to come out with a Red, White & Blue machine . . . .

Steve

Comment

Thanks admin for the efforts, I get what your saying. BTW the board is fantastic. I want a Millermatic! Maybe a MM180 lottery..

Originally posted by Admin View Post
      jcirafic,

Perhaps I was remiss in using Beth as an example... It seems that this is being percieved out of context or not how I had intended. My comment was "bigger" than simply being about her. My intention was not to support her or everything she had said throughout the thread. This isn't about her, the person, the member. What I was driving at is that I'm continually seeing members attack one another (which is not acceptable) and this was simply another example of that ongoing issue.

There isn't a "naughty list", I was trying to be lighthearted. Sorry if it came across the wrong way. That said, I do take note of what seems to be "repeat offenders" when it comes to attacking other members, posting crude content or otherwise violating our terms of use. My first course of action is to privately contact the member to remind them of our terms of use. Thereafter, if the behavior continues, the member is subject to being banned for either a specific amount of time or indefinately, depending on what was posted. I try not to "police" the board and I do let some fairly borderline things go, to be honest. I do need to act if we get complaints or if something is WAY out of line, however.

Hope that clears some things up for everyone?

Thank you

Comment

They had . . .

Originally posted by Showdog75 View Post
        The best thing is . . . . we all have one thing in common . . .

an American Made

Welding Machine . . . . and for the most part it is Blue or Red . . . .

does anybody in the US make a white welding machine . . .?

OK Miller, it's time to come out with a Red, White & Blue machine . . . .

Steve

Comment

I kinda like it when has to get the boy's back on track. At least I was an innocent bystander this time.

Comment

To my way of thinking this thread has gone on for far too long. The original poster was right, a company like Miller is capable of putting out a machine with zero defects. The fact that the only defect he found was a mechanical latch and not an internal defect is a great credit to Miller, not a derogatory one. The machine could weld for years and years without a latch on that door which is held closed by gravity anyway. In fact my Lincoln Weldpac capitalizes on that fact and did not even include a latch. Does that make them superior because they had the good sense not to be bothered by a latch on a steel door that must be lifted?

I really like my MM180, but the few times I have lifted that door I have first tried to do so without releasing the very functional latch because I am still used to the old Weldpac which has no such nonsense. This is further complicated by the fact that the door is on the oposite side of the machine. In my case the latch releases as intended so the error of my ways is easily corrected. Had the latch been defective I would have defeated by whatever means necessary and got on with the task at hand. Once I saw the excellent results the MM180 provides, the defective/defeated latch would have been long forgotten.

When I see the "LOL" in the subject line of this thread, I take it to mean it is to be taken a bit "tongue in cheek".

The original poster did exactly what he would have done and that is no discredit to him. And it seems he might have found an actual problem which Miller is eager to correct.

Just my half cent's worth.

Comment

Sideways... change the thread and show some pics

Originally posted by ridesideways View Post
              not dirt track, asphalt road racing.

things that are handy to weld are:
              rear sub-frame that support the exhaust can, rider seat
              brackets to hold CDI electronics, suspension fluid reservoir, etc.
              battery boxes
              swing arm bracing
              brackets that support things like brake fluid reservoirs, switches, etc.
              exhaust pipes but that is SS
              trailer attachments/accessories

the problem is when you crash all that stuff breaks/bends so you gotta keep fixing all the bits you fabricated...
              Sideways.
              Change the thread and show some pics.
              thanks.

Randall

Comment

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
                Sideways.
                Change the thread and show some pics.
                thanks.

Randall
                Just start a new Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
                  I kinda like it when has to get the boy's back on track. At least I was an innocent bystander this time.

My post was deleted and all I said was ' ha ha ha...good one'!

...I guess I'm on the naughty list.

Jealous?

Comment

Originally posted by Some Creep View Post
                    ...I guess I'm on the naughty list.

Jealous?
                    I think I am already on it.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
                      I think I am already on it.
                      Race to the top then?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.