Don't get excited...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get excited...

No, this is not a WMD, but a novelty I fabricated for a 4th of July block party.

There is a small hole at the end where you can add just the right amount of oxygen and acetylene and VOILA! You have a nice loud boom!

I did a goodly bit of R&D on this prior to the 4th. Too much mixture and you'll hurt yerself, too little and it will sound what I would imagine Nick would sound like passing gas!
    Attached Files
    sigpic...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67

Ok, so you fill this pipe with rich O/A mix. How do you light it? BTW, is this thing OSHA approved?
    Jim

Comment

No Jim, YOU fill it with a rich O/A mixture and light it at the small hole- and hold on to your hat! By the way, it IS OSHA, NIOSH, AAA, NCAA and UCLA approved!
      sigpic...John

Dynasty 200DX
      Lincoln SP135 Plus
      Victor O/A outfit
      Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
      Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
      USS Intrepid '67

Comment

Nice! Have fun and be safe. Hate to hear you blew off your fingers or a hand. Are you shooting it into a field or out into a lake?

James
        Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
        WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
        Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
        20Ton press
        And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
        www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

We made a ton of acetylene bombs when we were kids, had a patented method with milk jugs, fill with water, turn upside down in water and displace with the right mix. Poked a hole in them with an awl in the handle so the flame spread in the right fashion and use cannon fuse, even tape a cig to them for delay. As real close range they or confined are dangerous, a few feet away more noise than concussion, like a shotgun wadding, some half burned shredded plastic but very loud. If it went off in your face or while holding it there would be a problem obviously.
          I heard the garbage bag deal, wont catch me doing it, heard of it more than once. Like anything else there is a good way to do it and not so good.

Comment

2 more for the bang

1. Dry Ice in a plastic soda bottle, takes a few minutes to reach "critical mass", but makes a **** of bang.

2. The tator gun. Anyone ever make one one? The one I have experience with was made with a section 6.0 abs, a cap and reducer to 2.0. the 2 in section was about 3 ft long. You gave it a shot of starter fluid in the "chamber", dropped a potato or orange into barrel and hit lighter. It used a barbecue igniter for trigger. It can chuck the load a long way, no real load though, more of a big thud.

Hey Haze you didn't mention any projectiles.
            Frank
            (aka Fred)
            MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
            Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
            Dynasty 300DX
            Spectrum 625
            Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
            Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
            Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

Comment

Where we live now is horse country. I've retired the cannon since it would scare the animals.
              sigpic...John

Dynasty 200DX
              Lincoln SP135 Plus
              Victor O/A outfit
              Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
              Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
              USS Intrepid '67

Comment

Working...
              X