Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see some beads

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see some beads

We havent had any beads around here in a while. I'd love to see some decent Stainless welds- seeing as how thats where my troubles have been lately. Anyone care to share?

Ive pasted 4 pics. Four different levels of competance. 4 pics, 4 minutes of experience....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SignWave; 06-25-2008, 12:01 AM.

way too hot, turn down the amps. im guessing ur tigging these welds? amps at about 50 for this light of stuff and make sure u have good gas flow. ill try to get into the shop do do some for ya and take some pics but been pretty busy packing. (moving to australia)

Comment

hey were are u at in van? i have to spend a couple days in surrey before i go ill be there right around the 7th of july pm me if ur close and want some help.

Comment

Stainless welds

Here are a couple I have done. Nature of the business-I can't load more it would give the project away.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by diamondback; 06-25-2008, 10:08 AM.

Comment

more

more stainless, I had to crop some of the project out and resize so it made some pics a little fuzzy. These are from a "canned" accu-curve program in the Axcess machine.
          Attached Files

Comment

here's a couple of some welds done using an Argon/Hydrogen blend. the hydrogen produces a reducing atmosphere that helps reduce the oxidation to pretty much zero. increases fluidity, faster travel speed, lower heat affected zone, etc.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple of my practice beads, I have only a been tig welding for about a month. The stainless is some 1/8 scrap with 308L filler I got from a machine shop and the aluminum is some 1/16 6061 with 5356 filler. The T-Fillet weld looks slightly "Sandy" but it is because of the weld I ran on the backside.

-Dan
              Attached Files
              Last edited by engnerdan; 06-26-2008, 07:43 AM.

Comment

TIG welds

Aluminum is a blast isn't it. Your welds are looking good. It has always amazed me how 1/2 way through a weld you have to back off a little or the puddle gets to large. I know it is the heat and I understand the thermal dynamics of the weld. It's just so cool, welding a awesome!

Comment

Not a bead, but some stainless on pipe....with O2 tank partially full, every thing turned out a ok.....Paul
                  Attached Files

Comment

your bead

Originally posted by diamondback View Post
                    Here are a couple I have done. Nature of the business-I can't load more it would give the project away.
                    You are using a spool gun, not tig, right?

Comment

Your Beads

Originally posted by sparx View Post
                      here's a couple of some welds done using an Argon/Hydrogen blend. the hydrogen produces a reducing atmosphere that helps reduce the oxidation to pretty much zero. increases fluidity, faster travel speed, lower heat affected zone, etc.
                      Very nice work!!!!!

Comment

You!!

You do some weird stuff!! Where do you live?

Comment

I just dont get get it

Hey Guys,
                          Dem's some nice lookin weld fer sure... I dropped the heat, upped the gas, moved a.f.a.p. and still get blackbeards remains err I mean blackbeads just the same...

I guess I must practice more. Whats the key to those nice rainbow looking beads?

nice going guys.. kudos to all!

Comment

Good gas coverage and not too much heat for the rainbow effect, but a good weld should probably not even be discolored...IMO, Paul

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.