Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security door...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security door...

I fabricated this in 2004. It's constructed out of square tubing and was welded together using a Lincoln SP135 Plus with 0.35" flux core wire. This was a real challenge to keep aligned. If I thought I had enough clamps, I added more. The door-to-frame had 4 barrel hinges. All this was done in the back yard of our home in Long Beach, CA. Probably my best work yet...
    Attached Files

nice job on the door. Bet you got lots of compliments for your work on that one.

Comment

Good looking door..

if you do not mind, what material was the door made from?

thanks, Geezer

Comment

Geezer, I do have a materials list somewhere. When I find it, I'll post it.

This project took a great deal of time to complete. I looked at security doors at various 'home centers' and was not impressed at what I saw.

I posted this to give folks an idea of what kinds of projects can be accomplished.

Thanks for the compliments...

Comment

Attached is a list of materials, in Word format.

The scrolls were hand made with a scroll machine I have.

I don't have to tell anyone that the price of steel has gone up considerably since this project.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice job, John.

Reminds me some of my old steel door project. A bud gave me two 3-0 doors, but both of my exterior doors turned out to be 2-8!

Well, shhot. I got this here MM135....

Hank
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice job on your door, Hank! Ain't it great to be a welder? If ya need it and don't have it- ya make it! I need another project...

Comment

Thanks for posting the material list. Both doors look great. I have a small project for a door and will probably adopt some of the style you both used. Its on the list when the trailers get finished.

I am assuming when you used Flux it was E71t-1?

Comment

It was E71T-11...Lincoln Innershield NR-211-MP

Comment

where did you get the pice the knobs and lock go in ?? or did you make it to ?? i want to make one for my soon to be new back door, but have not seen a lock set pice.

Comment

I forgot to put that 'lock box' on the material list, sorry. You can find one of those at a steel supply house.

Comment

The Door

Very nice! I can't believe how cheap all the fence parts are. Like the spear ends are about 50 cents. Home owners love to pay welders for custom stuff!

Comment

Nice work. I do quite a few security doors, as I don't think the ones from HD are worth very much. I don't like using the wire mesh though and try to use screen instead. I have been playing around with designs that don't use the lock box so I don't have to split the screens into three pieces.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few more I have done this year.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice doors! Did you use stainless in one door?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.