Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

couple projects

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple projects

I thought I'd post a couple of my brain storms -

Being a thrifty sort (cheap bas**rd) rather than fork out 30 bucks to buy a little trenching shovel I chose to spend 4 hours making my own. I hadn't tig welded in a while so it was a good warm up (notice I didn't get too close to the welds)

The other is a tower for a weather station I bought my wife, it wasn't really needed, she wanted the "ambiance" of the real thing. And I wanted the welding project. The tower is done with the ole MM200.

After you review the pics let me know, do I have a sq. tube addiction?
    Attached Files

i really like that shovel probably a thousand times better than the walmart special

Comment

Nice Projects

I really like seeing what people come up with, what gauge did you use for the shovel part?

Comment

Nice Shovel!

Hey Fred, or Frank, where do you live in SD? I'm in El Cajon. Check out my pictures.
        Thanks,
        Lance

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Smith View Post
          After you review the pics let me know, do I have a sq. tube addiction?

no. more like a sq. tubing fetish

Comment

Good stuff, Fred! The tower kinda resembles an oil rig!

Comment

Originally posted by FormerTankSarge View Post
              I really like seeing what people come up with, what gauge did you use for the shovel part?

16 gauge 1018 steel

Comment

Originally posted by blazehaze69 View Post
                Good stuff, Fred! The tower kinda resembles an oil rig!
                I'm thinking this would be fitting.
                Attached Files

Comment

I like the trenching shovel, we bought one the other day I know how you feel. I've gotta comment on that cr in the background though, do you ride or race much?

Comment

Originally posted by welder13 View Post
                    I've gotta comment on that cr in the background though, do you ride or race much?

Actually it's a XR as in xr650r. No racing, too old to deal with broken bones. High speed tours of the desert are about it these days. We cover the 90 mile loop from Plaster City to the Bleu Inn and back in 3-4 hours with a burger stop at the Inn.

Wishing the 450X had been out when I bought it, it weighs in at 300lbs ready to ride, the 450 is 50 pounds less and has a wonderful thing called electric start. At 52 yrs the last few starts of the day are a big deal

Comment

finished product and the poop on another

Thought you might like to see the "tower" in place, the weather stuff installed and working.

The other is all time best poop shovel, beta test was a success, a little paint and I'm done. Even included a sample weld pic. I know, don't quit the day job, but I'm having fun.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Smith View Post

The other is all time best poop shovel,
                        How big is your dog.

Comment

Good work, the 4 hours fabricating the shovel was 4 hours well spent.

Comment

Looks like you live in Ramona or Lakeside. Am I right? Not a stocker, just curious. Love the **** shovel! I'm gonna make one.

Comment

Latest project - therapy

Thought I'd share my latest project. Haven't been playing in the garage lately, had personal problems that distracted me.

First; a couple tig weld pictures - What do you think; am I any good with this thing?
                              Name:  c2865c265d8ffe81ccf80b5b36373a66.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  174.4 KB
                              Name:  507ae08204c5c2f9d1f5abb5e642037d.jpg
Size:  149.0 KB
                              My counselor suggested anger management - what do you think?
                              I'm thinking a little plinking will make me feel much better..
                              Name:  ee1f7ef87d0d5c001085402a92987cf4.jpg
Size:  259.7 KB
                              And the best way to store (treat) these creatures
                              Name:  c328ce750f1fef3098dae7d210c4aa02.jpg
Size:  161.1 KB

As Rodney Carrington says, come on laugh

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.