Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mag Drill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag Drill

I'm seriously thinking about a mag drill purchase . I'm leaning towards a Milwaukee. Does anyone have any advice as to if this is a good choice and possibly where to look. I want to be able to use both a chuck and annular cutters. Thanks

Look at jancy mag drills i,ve had mine 10yrs with no troubles.
    Last edited by admweld; 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Mag drills

I have a Jancy and it works great. But you also might want to check out the new Evolution BORA 2800 at toolfetch.com. It is the first mag drill I have seen that comes with both annular and twist drill chucks. Haven't had any feedback, but for $399 it is tough to beat for price. Evolution seems to make a pretty good product.

Comment

I have 2 Jancy's and have also used a Hougen. Both are nice machines. The only problem I have seen with Milwaukee brand is they are way to heavy to suit me.

Comment

I also have a jancy. at 26 Lbs. its a nice unit.
          Its not all that quick to go from the chuck back to the cutter so it would be nice to have 2 of them.

I've had a few jobs lately that require drilling upside down in the field so the weight was a real factor.

Comment

Drill Press

Jancy all the way!!!! All my customers use them and swear by them.

Comment

Fein mag drill

I have been toying with the idea of a magnetic drill and have been looking at Fein Core drills.

http://www.feinus.com/p/NEWcore/NEW-core52U.htm

I like the fact that the mag drill can also be used for tapping once the hole is drilled.

Comment

Mag Drill

Hi,
                I own a hougan,I like it. I had a cleveland tool drill, it would make a great boat anchor. My hougan 505 has a great quill . It is almost like a milling machine and it does not walk. Well good luck on your new drill. Whatever your choice, you will enjoy drilling large holes fast and clean.

Vernon

Comment

I bought a Milwaukee and its really nice with annular bits it will do 2" more than enough for me.
                  Paul

Comment

How do you center a . . .

How do you center an annular bit?

Comment

Center it with this

Steel Hawg Adapter has a spring loaded center pin, My Choice Milwaukee Mag Drill.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.