Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new website is up:)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice site! I like all the little models you make, some very nice looking ones in there. I don't want this to sound offensive, but do those things actually move enough to make them worth producing or was it something you just like making a few sel here and there? Reason i ask is because i Like making stuf like that, but have never put them on display for the "publi eye" to see if people would really buy them up. I mean i've seen them in peoples offices here and there, but when i ask they mostly say they were gifts or picked up at a store where it was on the counter for sale next to ciggarette lighters and such.

I am also glad to see another bully breed lover out there. I've got an 8 year old pit and they just banned them in my city, now i have to muzzle him and carry a 100,000.00 insurance policy on him at all time (and must have proof of said insurance anytime i'm walking him )

Comment

Browndog work

Dude, you've got imagination! Love your stuff.

Comment

Great stuff, creative. Your dog, the wife and I are in love with him. What a find. Good job.

Comment

Thanks guys

Glen, yeah, I'm getting busier and busier. The tractor and the v-rod were both commissioned, so they were sold before I made them.

Comment

Did you guys know that the gift for a 10th anniversary is aluminum? I sold two vases last week, to two different people, who both were stoked to find a good anniversary gift made from aluminum! So now I need to make more....and I haven't done much al lately. But I had to make a drop box, so I used some left stuff I had to make it. Good practice...I need more! I'm going on the Hot Rod Power Tour, and I'm hoping to build up a mailing list. I'm giving some stuff away through a drawing, people just have to show up and put their name and email on a form and drop it in the box I made. Here is what I'm doing for the pt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7619171487252/

Here is the box. The letters are a little off, but I didn't feel like doing it again The bottom is bolted on, there is a 1/4" thick tab welded into each corner that is drilled and tapped.

-Josh

Comment

Digno de imitar

Gran creatividad en todo su trabajo, reciclando cosas que otros desperdician.

Felicitaciones por todo lo que ha creado,

Comment

Originally posted by solopripro View Post
                Gran creatividad en todo su trabajo, reciclando cosas que otros desperdician.

Felicitaciones por todo lo que ha creado,
                muchos gracias

Comment

I don't know how many of you guys are into cars, but my buddy and I are going on the Hot Rod Power Tour this week, and I'm posting pics every night on my website. There are some really astounding vehicles on this thing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndo...7619171487252/

Comment

a couple of yesterday's projects

http://www.flickr.com/photos/browndogwelding/

Comment

A friend that does photography came over to mess around with some welding shots yesterday. Here's a quick look at one of the pics, they turned out really cool!

Comment

thats way cool. you got those nut & bolt designs down pat.very nicely done.
                        have you looked at the idea of a bead blaster for clean up ? or do yo like he discoloration ?

P.S. thats a way cool looking weld shot.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                          thats way cool. you got those nut & bolt designs down pat.very nicely done.
                          have you looked at the idea of a bead blaster for clean up ? or do yo like he discoloration ?

P.S. thats a way cool looking weld shot.
                          Thanks

I've sand blasted a lot of stuff too, I like both looks. Right now I don't have easy access to a sandblaster, so I like the non blasted look better lol

Comment

FWIW; i picked up a cheap H blaster for like $70 that with a few small mod's works OK. its no top notch blaster but it dose get the job done.
                            add to that TSC has aggregate for $6 on sale at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                              FWIW; i picked up a cheap H blaster for like $70 that with a few small mod's works OK. its no top notch blaster but it dose get the job done.
                              add to that TSC has aggregate for $6 on sale at the moment.
                              I thought about that, but I'd like to get a decent sized stand alone American made cabinet. I need to find room for it though! I'm not desperate for one at the moment, but I'll need one here eventually.

Comment

thats cool, just though i would pass along the info encase you were wondering if they worked or not.
                                for low volume they are a doable option.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.