Railing lnstallation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railing lnstallation

A couple a few weeks ago I posted some pics in someone else's thread about railings, anyways I got an e-mail last night from a forum member asking to see the completed project.

Bad news is the builder is way behind schedule and all of the railings are not in place yet but I was able to get in the house and install the staircase railings. The top rails are going to have a piece of Cherry installed on top of them once they get the wood shaped the way they want it.

I can't do the outside deck railings yet because they haven't taken out the staircase yet or added the 4 foot to the width of it. I'll post the before pics of the deck and when they get around to finishing the deck I'll post the completed pics but, they are talking about being 6 weeks away from being ready for them.

The house also has three small decks off the back of the house that they had me measure out for a quote to replace the wooden railings with the same as the others I did. Dave
    Attached Files
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

deck railings

Here's the railings for out front of the house and where they will be going after they remove the staircase and extend it out 4 foot.
    Attached Files

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

I remember the amount of time it takes for some of those railings to do a nice job like you have. Excellent work & thanks for sharing.
      252 Miller Mig
      180 Synchrowave
      R - 45 Milling Machine
      Kingston 1100 Lathe
      Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

Comment

Nice job. Thanks for sharing. Railings do take time.
        Maxstar 200DX
        Maxstar 300DX
        Dynasty 200DX
        Passport
        Spectrum 701
        LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

dabar39.............as usual...........good work
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Very nice job! Most people cannot begin to understand the time spent on projects such as this and therfore want you to buy all material, build and install for nothing.

Comment

Awsome job!! i would like to learn how to do railings like that, is there a book somewhere on how to start? where do you get the matls for it, any help would be great!!!
              TB302
              Dynasty 200dx
              Hobart beta-mig 250
              Hobart Handler 140

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

These railings were actually pretty quick and easy to build as I have less than 4 days total into building them, and a couple of hours on site to install the staircase railings and that includes measuring out the rear of the house for more railing work on 3 decks and some b.s. time with the G.C. who is a friend of mine.

Comment

Working...
                X