X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larwyn
    started a topic Miller Welding Cart

Miller Welding Cart

I augmented the standard cart which came with my MM180 to also accommodate my new Spectrum 375 Extreme. It is basically a "side frame" with seperate cable hangars for the welder and the plasma cutter and a shelf of sorts for the plasma cutter. This is just a temporary measure to bring some sanity to my small shop until I have time to build a proper cart for these two excellent machines.
    Attached Files

• BDB
    replied
    Larry,

That is the exact set up I am looking at getting that cart looks great and will probably steal your idea in the near future very near if I sell my car this weekend

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I like the cart. Nice use of space
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Zebu Fellenz
    replied
    I also really like the grate over the garbage can. I've been wanting to build a full size cutting table but just don't have the space, the garbage can idea will work just fine though and will be much easier to make space for.

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Hello Larwyn,

Thought about you last w/e when my wife and I were down (up?) the road from you in Fredricksburg for our 29th. Great looking cart and spark catcher. I'll have to get me a drum and make one too.

Duane

Leave a comment:

• duaneb55
    replied
    Originally posted by SavageSunJeep View Post
    Even more funny is that of the 4 angle grinders I own, 1 DeWalt and 3 Harbor Fright all of them use a different size spanner wrench to change the disks
    Ya got a welder - weld 'em all together end to end and one on top of the other for a 4-in-1 tool. Trouble is, loose one and you loose them all and you're screwed.

Nice cart btw.

Leave a comment:

• FormerTankSarge
    replied
    Nice Carts

Guys,

Great job on the carts pictured here.

I also like the cutting surface.

Leave a comment:

• SavageSunJeep
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchell beri View Post
    I'm ordering my MM180 in about 2 weeks. Wiring the garage for 220 soon. Looks good!
    I love my MM180. That puppy is one hellva workhorse. It is rated very conservatively.

The step is a really BIG welder that takes up a lot of space. The MM180 is still a portable unit. I would like to see an option to dumb down at 110 V to give it more portability.

Enjoy

Leave a comment:

• mitchell beri
    replied
    I'm ordering my MM180 in about 2 weeks. Wiring the garage for 220 soon. Looks good!

Originally posted by Larwyn View Post
    Thanks. I could not be happier with the MM 180.

I really did not expect to use the auto set feature all that much. But in practice it is much quicker than refering to a chart or relying on memory for speed and voltage settings. I like it. So far I have had no regrets about my choice of welder or plasma cutter, they are both impresive machines.

Leave a comment:

• Larwyn
    replied
    Originally posted by p.denys View Post
    i think thats a really great idea having the grate over the garbage can for cutting very simple looking to make also
    Yes, it is a great idea, but I cannot take credit for it. I've seen reference to it in post on this and other groups and seen pictures of the the same idea using an old oil drum and another that used a shallolw galvanized tub. I just took somone else's idea and applied it to material I had on hand.

Leave a comment:

• p.denys
    replied
    i think thats a really great idea having the grate over the garbage can for cutting very simple looking to make also

Leave a comment:

• Larwyn
    replied
    Originally posted by SavageSunJeep View Post
    Even more funny is that of the 4 angle grinders I own, 1 DeWalt and 3 Harbor Fright all of them use a different size spanner wrench to change the disks
    I have both DeWalt and Milwauke and even though they have a different arbor size, the same spanner fits either brand....

Leave a comment:

• SavageSunJeep
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fendermender
    replied
    I hope this doesn't sound too arrogant, but I have had it with H.F. Chinese crap.
    I thought it was cool at first but I am tired of throwing fairly new stuff in the trash.
    I started buying "Quality" Chinese crap instead.
    Randall
    Aus-tex

Leave a comment:

• uhohjim
    replied
    LOL, yes your right, that said, I will most likely wear out the grinders long before I wear out the cords. With the exception of the yellow DeWalt the rest are Harbor Fright specials which cost from $9.95 to $14.95.

Especially the Harbor Freight grinders......I use them at workl because I beat the crap out of them and the cords short out right inside the housing from moving around or handling by the cord......I've replaced three of them....gotta love that guarantee lol
    Jim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X