No announcement yet.

Tables: stainless and teak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering how you back gassed the upright to the base?

I am very new to this.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Holy @#$*!

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
      I was wondering how you back gassed the upright to the base?

I am very new to this.
      Thanks in advance.
      I didn't. It's a table, not a spaceship.

Hey Fendermender, not to be curt, but I wasn't worried about any carbon precipitation on the inside of my table base. Wear the shoe that fits, right?

Had I felt it necessary, I would have probably drilled a hole on one of the ends (probably through the flatbar on the top) and back-gassed accordingly.

Thanks for looking.
      Maxstar 200DX
      Maxstar 300DX
      Dynasty 200DX
      Passport
      Spectrum 701
      LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

O.K.
        I understand.
        I need to build a S.S. shroud for a motorized machine so I will keep that in mind.
        It is a grape crusher destemmer.
        It was hand crank but I put a motor on it and I think it needs a shroud around the belt pullies and sprocket and chains.

Comment

Solar flux paste

Fendermender, that sounds like a cool project.
          If you think you might have some issues with burn through and/or you are concerned with the backside of the welds, I recommend that you try Solar Flux paste. This would probably be an easier alternative than back-purging for your application.
          Given my understanding of your application, however, I probably wouldn't sweat it and just zip 'er up; but I'm not fully aware of your criteria.

Good luck... and post pics. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who would love to see pics of a stainless steel covert/housing for a grape crusher/destemmer.
          Maxstar 200DX
          Maxstar 300DX
          Dynasty 200DX
          Passport
          Spectrum 701
          LMSW-52 spot welder

Comment

Solar Flux

Originally posted by chris***@sbcglo View Post
            Fendermender, that sounds like a cool project.
            If you think you might have some issues with burn through and/or you are concerned with the backside of the welds, I recommend that you try Solar Flux paste. This would probably be an easier alternative than back-purging for your application.
            Given my understanding of your application, however, I probably wouldn't sweat it and just zip 'er up; but I'm not fully aware of your criteria.

Good luck... and post pics. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who would love to see pics of a stainless steel covert/housing for a grape crusher/destemmer.
            Thanks.
            I ordered a can of "Solar Flux" today from the local Praxair and bought a small bottle of the Methanol to mix with it.

Anxious to give it a try.
            Randall

Comment

Working...
            X