Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tables: stainless and teak

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering how you back gassed the upright to the base?

I am very new to this.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

Holy @#$*!

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
      I was wondering how you back gassed the upright to the base?

I am very new to this.
      Thanks in advance.
      I didn't. It's a table, not a spaceship.

Hey Fendermender, not to be curt, but I wasn't worried about any carbon precipitation on the inside of my table base. Wear the shoe that fits, right?

Had I felt it necessary, I would have probably drilled a hole on one of the ends (probably through the flatbar on the top) and back-gassed accordingly.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

O.K.
        I understand.
        I need to build a S.S. shroud for a motorized machine so I will keep that in mind.
        It is a grape crusher destemmer.
        It was hand crank but I put a motor on it and I think it needs a shroud around the belt pullies and sprocket and chains.

Comment

Solar flux paste

Fendermender, that sounds like a cool project.
          If you think you might have some issues with burn through and/or you are concerned with the backside of the welds, I recommend that you try Solar Flux paste. This would probably be an easier alternative than back-purging for your application.
          Given my understanding of your application, however, I probably wouldn't sweat it and just zip 'er up; but I'm not fully aware of your criteria.

Good luck... and post pics. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who would love to see pics of a stainless steel covert/housing for a grape crusher/destemmer.

Comment

Solar Flux

Originally posted by chris***@sbcglo View Post
            Fendermender, that sounds like a cool project.
            If you think you might have some issues with burn through and/or you are concerned with the backside of the welds, I recommend that you try Solar Flux paste. This would probably be an easier alternative than back-purging for your application.
            Given my understanding of your application, however, I probably wouldn't sweat it and just zip 'er up; but I'm not fully aware of your criteria.

Good luck... and post pics. I'm sure there's a bunch of us who would love to see pics of a stainless steel covert/housing for a grape crusher/destemmer.
            Thanks.
            I ordered a can of "Solar Flux" today from the local Praxair and bought a small bottle of the Methanol to mix with it.

Anxious to give it a try.
            Randall

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.