Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build your own service truck!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pulled truck out of the shed. Kept forgetting some little stuff and the final straw was a seized choke cable on the welder I had field rigged with a clothespin. I fix that and figure it was due for oil change, 12 yrs, 205 hrs. It was time, had a couple outages added a few, fix ground clamp I had to rig with set of vice grips, fix a couple brackets and add a cord hanger, sort thru some fittings, remove some trash and a couple pieces I never use, fill the rod boxes.

Even the chipping hammer was dull, fine if you wanted to beat some slag into submission.

Comment

I don't have an inverter on my service truck, if I was a daily driver I would, mainly to recharge cordless batteries without connecting to shore power daily and to run a few zings with a grinder for fab work so I didnt have to start engine drive for light misc work. I have one on my pickup, used it to run a drill in a pinch and use it to grinder on occasion and a couple minutes with a sump pump. Its handy on occasionally although most days can work around it in the field. Battery tools has really slammed the need for it for me.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.