Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Trailblazer Custom Trailer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for you great comments and I'm happy to know you folks like what I've done here. I've been receiving a few emails asking how I did the sliding rear drawer so I attached a few pictures of it for you to see. The sliding drawer works off two heavy duty ball bearing tracks. Much the same as you would see on a high end tool box. It works very smooth and is very strong. Have a look. Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

I too did a fancy cart fot my Dynasty 300 DX, painted it blue with 4 hooks for the cables, shelf on the top, crane hook and 8 spots for my rod tubes.

I thought mine was over kill untill I saw yours, nice job.

As far as trailers I did one for an old Miller big 40 years ago with the miller stickers, but I diddnt see any tanks mounts on your trailer.

However very nice job, you need to rent yours out to the miller road show guys.

Comment

Thanks Portable. Sounds like you have some nice welding gear there. As for the tanks or the lack of them on my trailer. If you look at picture T5 you'll see there's a place there for tanks or a new Miller Plazma. I mentioed this in my opening write up but I'm only now getting around to doing that this week and I'm leaning towards the new plazma to place there. Anyone have any advise on what "Miller" plazma I should go with that would work well with the new Trailerblazer? As always you comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Comment

Looks great

That is a very nice looking trailer. I like the cart too.

Comment

awesome job! you must have a good amount of time just planning that thing

Comment

Can't really add anything, excellant job. I too think people do better work when they have nice equipment. Not always, but to me indicates they care about what they do

Comment

Originally posted by wildfire View Post
                Anyone have any advise on what "Miller" plazma I should go with that would work well with the new Trailerblazer? As always you comments and suggestions are always appreciated.
                Looks like the Spectrum 625 is a good match

Comment

Very nice and professionally done!

Comment

Great job. i love all the kinda hidden storage areas

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments. I realized shortly after I built the trailer that although I like where I placed the rear lights it created a problem. I built and installed the roll bars and put my company logo on it and people would want to get so close to the rear of the trailer to view it I was afraid I would get rear ended so I installed a LED light bar up on the roll bar to try and prevent that from happening. I installed a picture and a video of how it works. Thanks again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xl6t6_UNpA
                      Attached Files

Comment

LOL, Thats cool. Very creative

Comment

wow, did you just do a wax job on that tb 302?

Comment

wildfire, had to add my EXCELLENT job in there!!! Lights work REALLY REALLY nice, but with all the lights off, I'd put a couple of large reflectors on the diamond plate for added insurance....
                            great job dude!!!!!!!!

Comment

If your going for show the plazma cutter is pretty cool but if your going to actually work it then I would put torches on because of the wide range of stuff the torched do.

You could put a plazma that has an on board compressor but they dont cut really thick stuff compared to what torches will do.

If you already have a compressor on your truck to run say the 2050 plazma then your ok.

Comment

Thanks guys for your advice and comments. I took the rig out to a local RV park the other day to do some welding for a customer and the thing actually drew a crowd. folks taking pictures and asking lots of question. One guy said he's going to get me to build him a custom trailer. Funny how things happen :laugh:

Anyway the other day our steel supplier dropped by with a sheet of 4X8 1/4 plate. Man you should have seen the wife trying to get that off the truck Anyway I decided to look for an old used forklift and I found one. Don't laugh, I didn't pay much for it. runs like a clock but I got some work to do on it before I'm happy with it. I think I may put a custom spin on the thing :blob2:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.