Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branding Iron Heaters, Porpane

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding Iron Heaters, Porpane

Looking for input, ideas, plans for a shop-built branding iron heater. (for personal use) Have a piece of 8" sch40 pipe and mat'l for legs, just wondering if someone else has built something like this in the past and would like to share some tips. Also, a little puzzled about the burner I should use. Recommendations? Buy a premade burner or tips to fab one up.

May not help, but it sounds like the gas forges I have seen. Some even make their own. I have even seen the burner made out of pipe with holes drilled in it and capped on the end, with a gas grill regulator on the tank. Sounds kinda dangerous to me though.
    Try searching on the net for homemade forge.

Comment

Also try searching the internet for pottery kiln construction. At one point I was going to do sand casting and was looking at building a kiln like oven to melt the steel

Comment

yes a gas forge would work. here are some ssites for ya to look at
        www.iforgeiron.com
        www.anvilfire.com
        and google gas forge plans .

Comment

You could go this route, tis a mudbug cooker burner uses 3/8" nipple TBE w/a cap drilled 1/16" hole in it's top, cocked to the side so the flame hits the vert. pipe, uses no regulator. During the winter SIL stands a short pc. of 12", maybe 16" pipe in place of the cook pot and surves as a heater for his two bay muffler shop.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.