Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

projects for the contest in ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• projects for the contest in ??

so did every one get their projects in for the new contest??
    i been running around like a chicken with no head so long i almost didnt make the cut off.
    enterd my dish budies.

i got tired of looking at that drab DISH NETWORK dish and dressed it up.
    a peal and stick design you could aply to the thing would make some one a fortune if they marketed it right. but i just made a steel cut out to add to the rim. still have not got them on my dish yet they are still on my old one i used for mock up.
    Attached Files

Cool James. I just got a dish...Bob

Comment

That's awesome!!! I had a good chuckle, good luck in the contest.

Comment

Hey Fun...........you ain't gonna believe it........we both entered the same
        projects....NOT!!!!!! good luck

Comment

James,

Your buddies look great. Can you teach them to do little welds too ?

Joel

Comment

i had a friend that dose tattoo's draw me up a better gremlin. i just have to find some carbon paper to copy it to steel so i can cut it out. it's also a bit more complicated then the first ones so not a great project entry as i wanted to stick to simple designs. one's that could be cut easily with O/A if you don't have a plasma cutter. the new gremlin i hope to have on my dish some time next week. funny how some thing so simple as carbon paper can be difficult to get out here with the cow's.

glad you all like them, they were a fun way to dress up that dull dish. some of us just cant stand dull..

as for can i teach the lil guys to weld, well so far the aliens have been doing ok with cutting out the designs with Lazar vision. they just cant seem to dial it down enough to weld with, they just keep burning threw.
            and the gremlin just keeps tearing stuff up and eating wires, i finaly decided it was best to get him bolted to a dish and keep it outside.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by fun4now; 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM.

Comment

That's a cool idea, and they look good too,,, good luck in contest,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,

Comment

Even if you dont believe in the little green guys, thats cool!
                Good luck!

Comment

Great stuff. Be sure to vote on it! Just submitted mine.

James

Comment

yeah...great James
                    YOU just asked for WHOLE bunch of problems!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Nutjobs and FBI asking when did they land, camping out your front door waiting for their ship to come back
                    Area51 asking you to return them....yeesh...
                    lol....nice job

Comment

Do they have a pet rock category for the contest!

Comment

i suppose if you welded up a hollow rock fro the garden, you could enter it.

so far i have had no trouble from the FBI or the lil green men, now the guys in white with the tight fitting jackets...... that would be a different situation all together.

Comment

any one know if there is a place to view the entrys yet ?? or do we have to wait till they are all in and ready to be voted on ??

Comment

James, if there was a place to view the entries, I think everyone would be asking YOU about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would think those would sell. After all you can go to the lumber yard and get faces for your trees.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.