• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bodybagger;148214]The album covers for Megadeth always had this cool
    evil looking guy on them, pretty visible on the cover
    of "Rust in Peace."

One day, I will make a helmet that
    looks exactly like his face.

Well, bodybagger, you're in Luck! We actually have a new helmet design coming out today called "Lucky's Speed Shop"! It is black, with skulls, flying eyeballs and cobwebs. I think we should've released it on Halloween, but... It will be live (or dead, depending on how you look at it) probably this afternoon. Here's the link to check it out! http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...mets/elite.php

Also, on the subject of helmets, the president of "Sick ******* Choppers Inc." sent me the attached photo below just yesterday. He said, "I sent my fabricator to the welding supplier and he came back with your helmet. Almost identical to my paint? What a coincidence."

Pretty cool!

Name:  bd3300f82755d66e2a7a0d0f1a1d0557.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  302.2 KB
    Last edited by Admin; 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM.

Comment

here's one with the 252 in the background

and the tig

Dont have a pic of the bobcat... I love miller's
      Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
      2000 Camaro SS (Race car)
      sigpic

Comment

I like the Uvex clear lens cutting mask the best.

James
        Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
        WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
        Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
        20Ton press
        And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
        www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Comment

hey Badoos do u have any finished pictures of or 32' footer i never saw the finished ones
          Miller Digital Elite inferno
          Miller MP-10 passive helmet
          Hobart Stickmate 250/160 ac/dc

Comment

cool new skull choice

thats a cool skull design on the speed shop hood.
            starting too be so many designs i would hate to have to chose one now. it was a lot essayer to chose back when i got mine, now ????

if i had to replace mine it would definitely be another BWE, but choosing the design would be a killer.
            Last edited by fun4now; 05-18-2008, 08:38 AM.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Here are six of the many (maybe too many) welding helmets, that I have. Speedglas and Arc Ones and more Speedglas.

Jack
              Attached Files

Comment

Platypus20,

Just what I was looking for. I already have a Speedglas 9000X and a 9002X, but what kind of review do you have on the SL? Are they worth all they hype? I just about bought one when I got the 9002X, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks.
                Later,
                Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

So? What? you what a picture of my plain jane huntsman 411P??

I'm not knocking the nice helmets but with my luck I'll spend $340 on a helmet and break it in a week. On top of the fact that I've used the sped glass helmets Recently to and they still don't cycle fast enough for me. Especially when your stitching with a mig. If I timed it right I could get the hood to be off when welding and on when not. So with that I still say auto darkening hood suck no matter how good they look.
                  Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
                  Millermatic 252 on the wish list
                  Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
                  South bend lathe 10LX40
                  K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
                  Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
                  A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
                  Auto shades are for rookies
                  www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

Jason,

I liked the first SL, so much, I went out and bought a second, I also have 3 other 9002X helments. The SL is incredibly light, is auto on and is shade adjustable from 8-12, and also has sensitivity adjustment. The only draw back for me is the "new & improved" headgear, I didn' really ever get it to fit me properly, so I went back to the 9002X style headgear. As I said, it real light, is tight to the side of the head, helping to block backlight problems Only time will tell is the SL is a durable as the 9002X. I fix industrial boilers in the northeast, and the truck helmets are subjected to freezing temps in the winter and to well over 100 F in the summer, and the 9002X has been flawless. In the sevice van I keep the helmets in 5 gal plastic pails, with extra lense covers in the bottom, to keep them from getting broken.

Jack

Comment

Does no one have a vintage or a camo one that they can post up?

Comment

kcstott
                        sped glass helmets Recently to and they still don't cycle fast enough for me. Especially when your stitching with a mig. If I timed it right I could get the hood to be off when welding and on when not. So with that I still say auto darkening hood suck no matter how good they look.

i have never had that problem, you may have to adjust the delay if you want to stitch weld. never had any trouble dialing my BWE in for delay time or adjusting it for outside in the sun work. takes a minuit to set it, but after that its all good.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                        JAMES

Comment

Helmets

I've got the Speed Glass with adjustable setting and a Miller Elite. Just sold my Snap-On auto darkening helmet. It was too heavy. The Miller is the best. The Speed Glass has an amber tint and only has two sensors compaired to Millers four.
                          Attached Files
                          Millermatic 210
                          Syncrowave 200
                          Spectrum 625 X-treme
                          Hobart Champion 16 W/
                          Miller 8VS Suitcase
                          Miller 3035 Spool Gun
                          Tons of Tools
                          Microwave
                          Laptop and Printer
                          Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Comment

I remember when i shelled out the big money for my(canada) elite a couple years ago, that very day within a half hour of unpackaging it I put a big gouge right on the top of the helmet LOL
                            Once I got that out of the way I wasn't shy to get back under those trucks with my new helmet I guess
                            Attached Files
                            Freelance Fabber
                            Mobile>
                            '01 Dodge 1ton w/deck
                            07 Miller Trailblazer 302g
                            Miller HF251-d
                            3hp air compressor
                            Spectrum 275 Extreme
                            Shop>
                            Miller Dynasty 300sd
                            Lincoln Migpak 180

Comment

The guy I work after hours for has just had one of his helmets air brushed by a friend of his, he's also got 2 Miller Elite Inferno Digitals one of which is getting similar treatment. He doesn't know what the next helmet paint design is going to be, his friend won't tell him.
                              Regards Andrew from Oz.

We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
                              OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
                              Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Here's a few pics of my 12 year old grandson and his Fibermetal pipeliner hood. I told him I'd get any type of hood he wanted, but he only wanted the same type I use.

What can I say?
                                Attached Files
                                Bill

Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                                Miller 251
                                Thermodynamics Plasma arc
                                Benard "Center Fire" wirefeed gun
                                Miller alum. spool gun
                                Tweco Tig torch
                                Victor O/A torches
                                B&D Wildcat 9" grinder
                                DeWalt 10 amp 4-1/2" grinders
                                7"x12" bandsaw

A shop that's always going to be to small.

Comment

Working...
                                X