Steel Boatbuilding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boatbuilder View Post
    I built a 26' aluminum boat for fishing off the coast of Vancouver Island. Took me 2 years of evening and weekends to complete it. Was a lot of hard work but fun. Now I have a boat that will last my lifetime and most of my kids.
    I tried to up load a pic but for some reason it would not upload.
    Try again, I'de like to see it. I'm thinking of building myself one. Harborcraft style with the cuddy cabine with twin outboard.
    I would have a few question to ask you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930case View Post
      Build one for fun, but there are much better ways to get a boat in this economy. Repos and desperation sales abound.

Here's the best forum I've found. I don't boat, but had some particular questions they answered. Great place, lots of info:

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/boat-building/
      Thanks for the link.

Comment

When I was salmon fishing in the 70's, n.cal and orgeon, I was impressed by the fleet of orgeon dories. Simple design mostly built out of plywood and then fiberglassed or aluminum. I've seen them little buggers fishing some tuff weather of cape mendicino and cape blanco

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          When I was salmon fishing in the 70's, n.cal and orgeon, I was impressed by the fleet of orgeon dories. Simple design mostly built out of plywood and then fiberglassed or aluminum. I've seen them little buggers fishing some tuff weather of cape mendicino and cape blanco
          The Mendocino Ridge is one hard a$$ bit of ocean. Window busting, wheelhouse breaking, jacka$$ seas...Lovely place!

~Ian
          :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

Comment

Hey signwave, there are 2 Ns in Annals, you might want to edit your post as I hate to think of anything stored in the prior.

Comment

Working...
            X