• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SignWave
    started a topic Air hose H E L *

Air hose H E L *

Hey All,
    I HATE airhose. Its got to be the most uncooperative material anywhere with garden hose a close second...

Is there any hose out there that: doesnt kink, coil up(in the wrong direction of course), or that will lay out nicely and can be coiled up easily.

I just bought a 75 ft. hose and its got to be the most dificult piece of equiment in the shop. Ive given up trying to unfurl it nicely and have just left it to lay in a heap on the floor... I dont have spools to mount it on (yet) so this is another issue. Any of you guys (and gals) built spools to store your air hose? got any pics of the same? Thanks . any * E L P is appreciated.

• lanceman73
    replied
    Quality Hose

Use quality hose! Gates makes an oil based hose that is larger in O.D., but worth the money. I have Coil Hose brand for the retractable stuff without a reel. Same thing, use the 3/8" for air tools. Try 1/4" and there won't be any torque. The 1/4" are for air blow guns only.

Leave a comment:

• lanceman73
    replied
    1/4" vs 3/8" vs 1/2"

don't run large tools on 1/4". Impacts or drills. 1/2" for 3/4" and larger impacts. It's not the size, but the cfm's that matter. I've got four reels made by Cox Reels and I love them. One is on my service truck, along with power cord, Oxy/Act, pressure washer, and nitrogen. Love'em
    Last edited by lanceman73; 05-30-2008, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    I think somebody mentioned it, But HF is the cheapest I've found. We only have rubber hose, got rid of all the slinky vinyl crap.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Originally posted by welder_guy View Post
    Dosen't home depot or some store like that sell the self coiling ones or the hose reels. If you have a shop you can create an inline air system that is a bunch of steel pipe bolted on to a wall that is hooked up to an air compresser with quick couplers atached to the steel pipes.
    thats what i have now. its direct from the pressor and the reg moves around. I have to modify this system a tad... I'll be making or finding hose reels after that. Air hose still sucks..

Leave a comment:

• welder_guy
    replied
    Dosen't home depot or some store like that sell the self coiling ones or the hose reels. If you have a shop you can create an inline air system that is a bunch of steel pipe bolted on to a wall that is hooked up to an air compresser with quick couplers atached to the steel pipes.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    wow

Hey Guys, thanks alot for the advice. It just goes to show that there really is more than one way to skin a cat.

I think im going to make myself a reel. I actually need two. One for inside and one outside. I have to re plumb my compressor though. Right now my regulator is mobile and floats between in and out. Its a real PITA now that i think about it so Im going to plumb the reg into the line in front of all my outlets. Then my regs will be safe indoors and I can rest easy.
    I leave the rig outside and I know that if I dont change it, my units gonna go for a walk some night and get lost...

Anybody built there own rigs?

As for zen... nah nah nah naaaaa. noo noo noo noooooooo.....

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I bought 2 of the Walmart reels, not good in the cold and the hose could be better bu for the price they are very handy and easy to mount. I have 4 other manuals and they are fine, the blue one was HF and under 20$ but I added the ring around it.

Leave a comment:

• tasslehawf
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    I have several reels. The one in the second pic is kind of hard to beat at Walmart for 50$ hose and all.
    Good use of a computer monitor arm.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I have several reels. The one in the second pic is kind of hard to beat at Walmart for 50$ hose and all.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Handy560
    replied
    Air hose...

I have used them all. My favorite is the non-maring type Made by Senco. It uses barbed push in connectors. The 1/4" is the lightweight champ for nail guns and staplers, The 1/2" when you need more volume. Light weight, strong, smooth surface stays relatively clean, and coils easily. Does not get super stiff when cold either.

John

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Nothing like rolling 50 foot of hose on a hanger at waist level. So many loops. So I moved our hangers to arms reach up. 4 wraps gets rid of the 50 foot hose and those pesky extension cords also. I figure 8 the 50 foot acet hoses on the cart.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    I use the Goodyear hose and it's great. The other brands are like fighting a
    slinky when it's below 60*

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by flukecej View Post
    Speaking of Harbour Freight, they sell Genuine 50 Ft. Goodyear Rubber Air Hose. ...
    I meant to add that, too. It was a great deal, and one of the things I remember when people tell me that HF is nothing more than cheap Chinese crap.

Leave a comment:

• Winger Ed.
    replied
    Dude,,,,,,,,
    Relax.
    Be more at one with nature, and the hose.

Rather than fight it, or look for hose reels,
    You might just need to find a monk you can learn from.

I'm not real sure where to get it,
    but you might need to find some of that 'Zen' stuff
    we heard about as kids.........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X