Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Welding Cart Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Welding Cart Project

***NEW PICS ON THE SECOND PAGE*****

I don't have everything for my new Dynasty 200DX YET! So I'm using my Spool Gun to weld it up. I just wanted to have super light weight cart to move around and stick in my car on the way to work site(aka friends house to weld). Here are some starter pics.

Last edited by StillBoostin; 05-20-2008, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Nice work...Bob

Comment

Looks nice. If you know it, what is the exact designation for the alum chanel you used? I'd like to use something like that for my ladder rack as opposed to a tapered leg C type channel. I've seen several other designations such as alum std or americian std but can't get any picts of what is what.

Comment

ya know... id still make it weigh a ton

Comment

Originally posted by DSW View Post
            Looks nice. If you know it, what is the exact designation for the alum chanel you used? I'd like to use something like that for my ladder rack as opposed to a tapered leg C type channel. I've seen several other designations such as alum std or americian std but can't get any picts of what is what.
            I got all my aluminum from a local metal supplier. It was all scrap pieces, so I got it cheap $30! Bought the Al tube from Ace's True Value $10. Steel round stock $10. Harbor Freight Wheels for $5.50 each on sale, and the castor wheels for $6.50. All hardware is grade 8(had it laying around).

I add the vertical square tube, and a top platform. Will get more pics tomorrow.

My Miller foot pedal came in today. It did come new like the guy said, but **** it is huge. How is the finger control? You like it or hate it. I'm a southpaw so which one will work for me?

James

Comment

Nice, now hook that Dyn. up and start tiggin' aluminum on that cart.
              T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by StillBoostin View Post
                How is the finger control? You like it or hate it. I'm a southpaw so which one will work for me?

James
                http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=12778

Comment

More pics.

Will be bolting removable caps on the bottom of my 2x2 verticals, so I have a place for the welding rods seen in the pics. Will be adding an old jack handle(blue) as my cart handle on the front of my cart. Next, I will bend some tube and drill two holes in it to make hangers for all my cables. Lastly, I need to add a chain in the back to hold the tank on the back. I should have made it longer so I could have both tanks on the rear of the cart. Might add it later. If there is anything else you guy can think of let me know. Sorry can't hook it up yet cause I have to add a 220v outlet some where my mom can't see. No I don't live with my mom I'm 29. I just keep all my tools over there.

James
                  Last edited by StillBoostin; 04-24-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Wow. That's taller than I was expecting it to be. Have you tested to see how stable it is? Might want to throw a strap over the welder..? (Pointless if the cart isn't stable). $.02

Comment

Thats a nice looking cart. Im thinking of making some running gear for my TB302, and your cart was inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
                        Wow. That's taller than I was expecting it to be. Have you tested to see how stable it is? Might want to throw a strap over the welder..? (Pointless if the cart isn't stable). $.02
                        I like it up high cause it will be much easier to adjust, and I have a storage area. I will strap the Dynasty down even though it's very stable. No play at all in the wheels or the carts frame. I'm still not done with it yet. I bought 1/2" x 1/16th x 3ft Aluminum tube today to make my cable hangers. I also bought the chrome chain to secure the tank. I have the weld the middle frame still . Is there any thing else you would do to the cart?

usmcruz I'm glad I inspired you. I went to get a cart and realized it was to small so I decided to make one. You can do anything you can imagine with a welder. If you need any pics let me know. I getting good with this Pic stuff.

James
                        Last edited by StillBoostin; 04-25-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Looking awsome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usmcruz: wanted to say thanks again for your pics from the other thread...
                          If you make a cart for your running gear, you still going to make it so you can put forks under it to put it in your truck???

Comment

No. I think you got everything. I think you mentioned you were adding a handle..

Man that thing would so not work at my place.. Lol. I have to pull my cart out of the garage, over a 1" high water dam, off the concrete walkway (1" down) and into the grass where I'm currently working. If it weren't so low it definitely fall over. But you lucky b@stard, you actually have a garage to work in.

Comment

I can't believe that foot pedal will work on that machine
                              Have you tried it??? That has to be the first time I've seen one like that on a Dynasty for sure.
                              Last edited by FusionKing; 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.