Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Welding Cart Project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet. Why would it not work. It is a 14 pin plug, and it lined up and screwed in. It has 6 pins in it I believe. The part number is RFCS-14 Remote Foot Control (14-pin plug).

James

Comment

same one that came with my contractor's kit for my dynasty 200dx also! But...your's looks metal?

Comment

If it's 14-pin it will work. Ahh.. standards.

That is a monster pedal, though. I got a gigantic one with my Maxstar - it was a pain to lug around. So I switched it with the lighter plastic one that came with my Syncrowave.

Comment

Did you get a black soot covering or surrounding your weld?

Comment

Originally posted by tasslehawf View Post
            If it's 14-pin it will work. Ahh.. standards.

That is a monster pedal, though. I got a gigantic one with my Maxstar - it was a pain to lug around. So I switched it with the lighter plastic one that came with my Syncrowave.
            Glad you guys chimed in cause I was getting worried about the pedal. You guys are right, it is very heavy but I got it cheap. Gonna get Get a smaller one soon.

James

Comment

Originally posted by welder_guy View Post
              Did you get a black soot covering or surrounding your weld?
              I got black soot covering few of the welds when I got out of position. Got most of the soot in the corner and under the tube area.

James

Comment

Tasslehawf,

How the heck do you TIG weld with those gloves (shown with switch)? They look like something I'd use if I was running a stick at 300A. Must be a real beach to feed filler with them on.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                  Tasslehawf,

How the heck do you TIG weld with those gloves (shown with switch)? They look like something I'd use if I was running a stick at 300A. Must be a real beach to feed filler with them on.
                  I like to burn the filler rod right down to the end and I used to burn my fingers, so I got thicker gloves. I'm just used to it now, I guess.

Comment

yeah, my foot pedal that came with the contractor's kit for my dyn200dx was plastic also................

Comment

The big clunky pedal works and so does the new machine. Is it supposed to be that loud right? It is a louder then my MM180 and a little higher pitched sounding when just turned on at Idle.

James

Comment

Originally posted by StillBoostin View Post
                        The big clunky pedal works and so does the new machine. Is it supposed to be that loud right? It is a louder then my MM180 and a little higher pitched sounding when just turned on at Idle.

James
                        Yes the starship space noise is normal with the 200DX at idle. I am told it is the DVI setup.

T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by TJS View Post
                          Yes the starship space noise is normal with the 200DX at idle. I am told it is the DVI setup.

T.J.
                          Maxstar does it too. I do like how you can hear when it counts down from the duty cycle rest (?).

Comment

Just put the final touches on the cart will get pics up tomorrow. Gonna get a strap for the Dynasty, or I was thinking of using 1/2" Al round stock and welding next to the Dynasty. Might look pretty trick. I would put some rubber over it or some rubber heat shrink to help from scratching or vibrations.

James

Comment

Finished the cart. I submitted it for the Miller challenge. Here are the final pics:

Comment

Pics of the welds done with the SG100:

Last edited by StillBoostin; 05-07-2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.