Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

excavator bucket

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I suddenly have visions of this small child on the 4th of July trying to "weld" with a sparkler?

Comment

i can't stop laughing ...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

i can totally see that happening!
      as long as he doesn't try to sneak up and weld me with it........

Comment

I used to do the same thing when I was a kid with sparklers. Well at least what ever career he decides to go into he'll grow up knowing the difference between a hammer and a screwdriver unlike most of todays kids. I have a white collar neighbor who thought he just built a skyscraper or somthing after he hung a picture on the wall and he still didn't get it right! He used a 16 penny duplex nail and it was crooked too.

Comment

LOL...That must have been one he!! of a picture.......

Comment

Originally posted by grnxrymnky View Post
            he already has his own clear shield and legit hardhat, and as soon as he can write with a steady hand i plan on letting him start scratching some steel with a rod in lttle weave and stringer patterns.
            Yep that little fella is gonna be a good "hand" someday. I thought I was the only one that did that with sparklers as a child

Comment

here's a pic of my son standing inside our latest job. i had to resize the image, i hope it's not too small! if it's ok, i'll add more pics.
              Thats one happy Boy! Thanks for the picture, it made me smile

Comment

he already has his own clear shield and legit hardhat, and as soon as he can write with a steady hand i plan on letting him start scratching some steel with a rod in lttle weave and stringer patterns.
                Their layout skills could use a little more practice fer sure

The Sprout and I have the same Safety procedure- I pick up the grinder and show him- he skoots over to his Sandbox

Once he was "Welding" 2 pieces of rebar and I sat down to watch - he made me put my "Helmet" on.

Said " No Dad, gotta put your helmet on"
                Attached Files

Comment

as far as the damage to the 325 cat bucket, MADCOW, they were busting up concrete with it. but we're heavily funded clay around jackson, ms. the shifty/swelly/shrinky type that moves around and increases the bank accounts for the people that do foundation repair.

oh yeah concrete will do that. if we are in a pinch and have to use the hoe to move concrete we put the frost tooth in the 345. that way the bucket is ok. our sand buckets will bend the cutting edge pretty easy if you get into concrete aggressively, then they are no good for cutting grade.

but they cut through hot asphalt real nice!!

Comment

kids and hammers

Broccoli1 : kids love hammers! is your helper tearing it up or adjusting the fit?!?

this morning, before i went to my real job, i thought i'd prime the top on my freebie gangbox. it's pretty pitted with rust so after hitting it with the wire angle grinder wheel, i poured some primer out and started spreading it with a smooth roller. as soon as my little boy realized what i was doing he disappeared and almost instantly returned with a foam paint brush saying, "i found one, i need some!" i'm telling you life can't get any better than that! what could i do but let him spread a little primer?

Comment

According to him he was "Fixing it!"

It was an extra cage for a Yamaha Rhino that I picked up on CL and just needed the Head Rests so he could "Fix" that one as much as he wanted

I'm still laughin' about yers smackin' the Bucket with you inside

Comment

Welder Boy

It's nice to have it all in the family!

Lance

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.